Hey...new to this forum.

But, just the other day I updated my ipod touch 2gen to 4.0. I had it jailbroken before this. Obviously having jailbroken apps(installous). So I backed up my ipod before this, updated, tried to restore backup..but there was an error. Then jailbroke it again. Still couldnt restore the backup.

My itunes is linked to my paypal so I can buy albums when I want. Never really bought apps. But today, I got 3 bills. First was $46.46, second $40. and third $11. All for apps and some songs.

Some of the apps I had downloaded from installous, others I had never seen/heard of and some weird Japanese songs.

I emailed apple, still waiting for an email back. But I was just curious to know if anyone else have run into this...

I really need help
    07-28-2010 05:01 PM
    Okay... This means your account got hacked!
    Change your password, and Apple should refund you!
    If that doesn't work, let me know and I will further assist you!

-Th Jailbreak Man!
    07-28-2010 05:04 PM
    Okay... This means your account got hacked!
    Change your password, and Apple should refund you!
    If that doesn't work, let me know and I will further assist you!

-Th Jailbreak Man!
    Okay, well I did change my password. But the thing is, that some of the apps (half of them) that I am getting charged for are one that I got from installous. Why would apple be charging me for them?

Before I updated, I was able to connect my ipod to itunes and never run into any issues
    07-28-2010 05:09 PM
    Okay, well I did change my password. But the thing is, that some of the apps (half of them) that I am getting charged for are one that I got from installous. Why would apple be charging me for them?

Before I updated, I was able to connect my ipod to itunes and never run into any issues
    I think that the person that hacked your account just happened to buy those same apps!
    This happened to me recently too it was just a hacker!
    Have you given anybody your password that knows some of the apps you got cracked?
    07-28-2010 05:13 PM
    I think that the person that hacked your account just happened to buy those same apps!
    This happened to me recently too it was just a hacker!
    Have you given anybody your password that knows some of the apps you got cracked?
    Nope, not what so ever. No one is ever on my computer and my pc, is only used by my mom. So...no one has ever had access to my account.
    07-28-2010 05:15 PM
    Nope, not what so ever. No one is ever on my computer and my pc, is only used by my mom. So...no one has ever had access to my account.
    So yeah. The hacker must have just happened to get some of the apps you had gotten cracked!

- The Jailbreak Man
    P.S. I do not promote cracking apps!
    07-28-2010 05:25 PM
    So yeah. The hacker must have just happened to get some of the apps you had gotten cracked!

- The Jailbreak Man
    P.S. I do not promote cracking apps!
    Okay, and I know..its not a good thing :/

But I will get back on here tomorrow, and hopefully apple will have had contacted me! So I will let you know
    07-28-2010 05:27 PM
    And just for further clarification - we don't talk about Installous here - it's grounds for a ban.

You want apps? Pay for them.
    07-28-2010 05:28 PM
    And just for further clarification - we don't talk about Installous here - it's grounds for a ban.

You want apps? Pay for them.
    Was seriously putting that in my next post! Lol
    07-28-2010 05:30 PM
    I'm sorry!! I didn't know...

Well, what is that anyway? haha
    07-28-2010 05:34 PM
    Applications downloaded from *cough* usually are synced with itunes and are automatically viewed for updates. If you press the button to update all of your apps, the app store would realize that this iTunes account never technically bought the apps and charge you for them.
    07-30-2010 01:43 PM
    Applications downloaded from *cough* usually are synced with itunes and are automatically viewed for updates. If you press the button to update all of your apps, the app store would realize that this iTunes account never technically bought the apps and charge you for them.
    if that is what happened, and his account wasn't hacked, then this is a very funny lesson. don't pirate, you'll pay for it in the end. LOL
    07-30-2010 05:07 PM
    So you're upset that apple found applications on your device that you illegally obtained and then they charged you for them? Sounds fair to me. You should have paid for them in the first place.
    07-30-2010 07:06 PM
    I'd say it's perfect karma. If you're too g d cheap to buy apps, I hope a hacker not only got your itunes acct but all of your credit cards too. You're a thief and now you know what it feels like.
    07-30-2010 07:48 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD