Hey sorry if someone has had this problem before... I did search but to no avail. Anyways, I jailbroke my iphone 3g yesterday using redsn0w. I have been trying to install a weather lock screen for my phone. I downloaded the apple-news repo but when I searched in Cydia for weather elements nothing came up. Similarly, I installed the Element cydget but when I tried to download Cydget, nothing came up in the search field. Can anyone help with this? Why is cydia not showing these programs?
    Thanks!
    07-28-2010 02:55 PM
    Okay, so I found Cydget in my settings but when I open it, it only has "lock order" option. When I try to open that, it doesn't do anything. Any help for a newbie? Thanks.
    07-28-2010 04:44 PM
    Same here, alxndr33. I'm a newb too, cuz I get the same mysterious results you do. My Cydget seems to be installed, same with Element. Yet, nothing shows up. Pretty underwhelming so far.
    02-14-2011 01:06 PM
    Can you guys give us the names of the packages that you actually installed from Cydia? It's not really clear to me what you're asking.
    02-14-2011 03:41 PM
    If I'm not mistaken Cydget no longer works. To uninstall it you need to go into Cydia>manage>settings and switch it to developer and then search cydget and uninstall it
    02-14-2011 03:53 PM
    If you want a weather widget try Lockinfo with the plugin
    02-14-2011 05:06 PM
    If you want a weather widget try Lockinfo with the plugin
    Agreed. Lock info is great. And I agree with a previous post as well, I dont think cydget works for newer OS's.
    02-14-2011 06:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD