Iphone 3GS 4.0

scottiec21

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
I have the above phone on the baseband05.13.04

I was wondering if I could downgrade and jailbreak Iphone or will I have to wait till there is a jailbreak for this

Any help much apreciated

Thanks

Scott

P.S I have purchased this phone like this and it has never been jailbroken before

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
You need shsh blobs for past firmwares in order to downgrade. Since you haven't been jailbroken before you more than likely don't have the shsh blobs necessary to downgrade.

You don't need to be jailbroken to get them but most people are oblivious to them until they jailbreak. And you can only get them for a select period of time.

It's safe to say you can't downgrade and jailbreak.

P.s. The baseband only determines if the phone is unlockable. I'd rather know the bootrom than the baseband.

ajnabi

Mar 1, 2010
www.fixpod.com.au
I have the above phone on the baseband05.13.04

I was wondering if I could downgrade and jailbreak iphone or will I have to wait till there is a jailbreak for this

Any help much apreciated

Thanks

Scott

P.S I have purchased this phone like this and it has never been jailbroken before

why you want to downgrade the firmware where i want to upgrade my iphone from 3 to 4

scottiec21

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Hey thanks for the responses so far

I want to downgrade so I can jailbreak and unlock this phone

How do I find my bootrom

I can find the old firmware online and download it but will the iphone restore to an older version I ask as I have done this with the ipod touch but I want to be able to unlock after jailbreak and seems you can only do this on 3.1.3 or earlier

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
You need shsh blobs for past firmwares in order to downgrade. Since you haven't been jailbroken before you more than likely don't have the shsh blobs necessary to downgrade.

You don't need to be jailbroken to get them but most people are oblivious to them until they jailbreak. And you can only get them for a select period of time.

It's safe to say you can't downgrade and jailbreak.

P.s. The baseband only determines if the phone is unlockable. I'd rather know the bootrom than the baseband.

Such a fantastic post...

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
I'm not going to write a tutorial on finding your bootrom. Other people have written better ones than I could. Try google.

You can not downgrade unless you have your shsh blobs. They are specific to your phone. It won't matter if you can find the old firmware.

scottiec21

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
OK I have realised now that there is no possible way of unlocking this phone yet but do people think that the new Iphone 4 jailbreak and unlock will work with my iphone???

Nht

Aug 16, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for hijacking this thread but Im in the same situation as the OP and didn't want to start a different thread with the same question.

Ive been hearing a lot about Tinyumbrella to save ones shsh blobs. Would this work in downgrading the firmware of an iPhone e 3g that has never been jb before?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Sorry for hijacking this thread but Im in the same situation as the OP and didn't want to start a different thread with the same question.

Ive been hearing a lot about Tinyumbrella to save ones shsh blobs. Would this work in downgrading the firmware of an iPhone e 3g that has never been jb before?

The 3g doesn't require saving shsh blobs to cydia to downgrade, only the 3gs. There are plenty of threads here that will help u downgrade & jb ur phone. Just search and u will find.
http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-jailbreak-unlock/195355-jialbreak-matrix-all-idevices.html

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods