jailbreak 3.1.3 not working please help

antiest

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
im using redsnow 9.4 and im using the 3.1.2 firmware when i boot up redsnow but once it ask me to put into DFU mode it all works and says done but it never takes place on the iphone... here is a video of what it does at the DFU mode stage for redsnow. YouTube - jailbreak

Last edited:

Allyson Kazmucha

Apr 5, 2009
Visit site
oh you're downgrading, sorry i read your post wrong. have you tried using iRecovery ? looks like you are stuck in the DFU loop of death. don't worry, not as scary as it sounds. sometimes happens when you downgrade. after you downgrade, use iRecovery, it should kick out anything that shouldn't be there.

and a trick i tried, if iRecovery "doesn't" work, run blackra1n and once it says jailbroken and your screen goes dark (but not powered off), unplug the phone and hard reboot it and you should get slide for emergency and be able to restore via iTunes like normal.

antiest

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
ok sorry i think im the one that made this confusing. i downgraded from 4.0.1 to 3.1.3.and now im trying to jailbreak 3.1.3 using redsnow. but wont work as you seen in the video, do you think it still might be the "loop of death"

Smitty

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
Guessing you have a 3G. When I downgraded I did the same steps but it took me about three times to get it done. It went one third the first time, one third the second, and on the third time it finally went through. Try doing it a couple more times.

KodeyH

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Sure you in DFU mode?

Lots of people get DFU and recovery mode confused here is some stuff from ihackintosh. After you restore you will get an error from itunes and the phone will be in recovery mode. Then kick it out of Recovery mode using iRecovery. You may can do it manually besides using iRecovery depending what error it gave you.

How to put your iPhone in recovery mode :

1. Turn the device completely off and disconnect it from cable/dock.
2. Hold down the home button.
3. While holding down the home button connect to a computer with a cable (easiest) or dock.
4. Keep holding down the home button until you see a connect-to-itunes screen You are now in recovery mode.

To escape Recovery Mode and power the phone off simply hold down power and home buttons for ten seconds.

How to put your iPhone in DFU mode :

1. Connect your iPhone to your computer.
2. Turn iPhone off.
3. Hold power and home together for 10 seconds (exactly).
4. Release power but keep holding home until the computers beeps (observed on a PC) as a USB device is recognized.
5. A few seconds later iTunes should detect your iPhone.
6. If the Restore Logo is present on the screen, you are in Recovery Mode, not DFU.

antiest

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
FIXED IT!!!!! WOOHOO!!!! just had to add this "74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com" to this "C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts" notepad...

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR