Iphone 3Gs updated from 3.2 to os 4 PLEASE HELP!

jimmylanes

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
Hi guys
first of all let me tell you that i am I.T incompetent so imagine if you are dealing with a small child! i purchased an iphone which was running os 3.1.2, a friend of my unlocked and jailbroke the phone by using blackra1n. i downloaded free apps to my hearts content using installous delighted with his achievements. However yesterday i updated my iphone to version 4.0. all off my apps are still shown on my phone but when i click them they appear to open for a split second but then disappear. Is there a jailbreak that can fix this situation and if so could somebody please give me a detailed, idiot proof, abbreviation free, simple guide of how to use it. I am using Windows Vista

Thank you clever people of the internets!

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
First of all, mentioning installous will get you banned, so we'll pretend you didn't mention it. If you like apps - pay for them. If we don't support the developers we won 't have apps at all.

Second of all, did you save your shsh? If you don't even understand the question, then the answer to your real question is no - you cannot do anything at this point and will have to wait for a new jailbreak.

jimmylanes

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
no i didn't save my shsh, to be honest i haven't a clue what your on about, if you have the time to explain i would be interested to know. in the last hour my iphone has decided to morph into the ibrick, i was having a lot of trouble with the sleep\power button for the last month, it has now ceased to work completely and when i plug my phone in a\c or laptop it still wont come on. could this possibly be related? if i send it back to my network provider who in turn will probably send it back to apple will they be able to tell of my immoral actions? i as thinking off just leaving in the sink overnight and saying i accidentally got it wet, my insurance covers me for accidental liquid damage.
Thank you for your help

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
From theft to insurance fraud. Dear, dear, dear.

Like I said, if you didn't understand the question, it's too late to do anything about it.

Your network provider won't even take it - all repairs have to go through Apple. You could take it straight to Apple yourself and see if there's any hope - worse case scenario, they'll restore it to new. Your jailbreak/unlock are gone anyway.

jimmylanes

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
so just to be clear, if i send my phone to be restored and they somehow turn it on to the way it was before the power failure and the see apps that no longer open they will still replace\fix my iphone. if this is true then i have learned my lesson and will no longer attempt to jailbreak my iphone! all those illegally downloaded apps in my itunes, what will become of them??
thank you so much, you are so helpful

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
I would try putting your phone in DFU mode one last time before taking it to Apple. I couldn't say for sure what they would do.

Step One
Open iTunes and connect the iPhone to your Mac or PC.

Step Two
Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.

Step Three
After exactly 10 seconds, release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until iTunes pops up with a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

The iPhone screen will remain black.

NOTE***: It may take a few attempts to get your iPhone into DFU mode. Generally, I hold down both buttons then release the Home button just before I think the Apple logo would appear. If you are still holding both buttons down and you see the Apple logo you are holding them down for too long!

Step Four
Download from iTunes and install the latest firmware (3.1.2/7D11) and install it. Then, when it's done, simply either restore it from a previously created backup, or set it up as a new iPhone and re-sync all of your stuff back onto it.

jimmylanes

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
unfortunately my sleep/wake/power button hasn't been working very well for a long time, don't think its working at all now. thats why i cant turn it on

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
I think that ur battery may be completely dead. Try leaving it charging for about 6-8 hours, then try Alli's advice.

jimmylanes

Jul 24, 2010
Visit site
its been charging for almost 24 hours........nothing. The power\wake\sleep button does not work! i havent been able to lock my phone for weeks, i never turned it off because of this. if i send it back to be repaired will i get it back?????????

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
Do you not have an Apple store near you? Mine is 2 hours away, but if I have a problem...drive I must.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods