Previously, I JB my iPhone 3GS using Spirit. I updated to software 4.0, restored my phone, and have not re-jailbroken my iphone (I don't think it's possible anyway).

I want to update to 4.1, but it won't let me transfer my purchases (iPhone syncs and iTunes starts the process for a second then stops and my purchases aren't transfered.

I was advised that this might be because of a patch that allows hacked/cracked apps to install. Thus, I need to uninstall the package.

Does this mean that restoring it not delete all the hacked/cracked apps? If not, how do I uninstall the package?

Thanks!
    07-22-2010 04:37 AM
    Piracy is NOT allowed or talked about here. Read the rules first before posting. That will get u banned quickly.
    07-22-2010 07:04 AM
    That's why this topic is called "Jailbreak Apps, Games, and Themes." So I guess it is allowed. But I am not experienced with Jailbreaking to offer any solutions. You might want to try iPhone Jailbreak: The Ultimate Guide | Apple iPhone Review
    07-22-2010 07:16 AM
    That's why this topic is called "Jailbreak Apps, Games, and Themes." So I guess it is allowed. But I am not experienced with Jailbreaking to offer any solutions. You might want to try iPhone Jailbreak: The Ultimate Guide | Apple iPhone Review

Obviously u don't know the difference between jailbreak apps (backgrounder, lockinfo, quickreply, etc...) and hacked/cracked apps like he's asking about.
    07-23-2010 01:26 PM
    Does this mean that restoring it not delete all the hacked/cracked apps? If not, how do I uninstall the package?

Thanks!
    If you restored, then restored the data from a backup thats why.

Restore in itunes, and when it asks, set up the device as new.

Then go to the apps tab in itunes, check em all off, then music, then photos.

Do NOT restore data from a backup after you restore the firmware

The rest of you, hes not asking how to use the pirating program, hes asking how to remove leftovers, if it left some behind. A couple of people in this thread need to learn to read and not jump the first mention of installous.

HE IS TRYING TO CLEAN IT UP AND REMOVE THE LEFTOVER FILES/SETTINGS(simple english)
    07-23-2010 01:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD