[IPod Touch] Having a little trouble

reece212

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmm,

Hey well, i had a IPod Touch 3G 3.1.3 firmware, and it was jailbroken with load's of cracked apps and stuff and i started having problems with the internet on it like it was saying it was connected but not letting me on the app store and stuff so i took it to the apple store near me and asked them what they think and they couldn't work it out and suggested to do a format, wiping everything of, so i was like ye ok fair enough and once they formated it they also updated it firmware 4.0 and now i'm like really confused about jailbreaking it i can't seem to work out how to i've looked on google but they all say Ipod Touch 2G and Iphone 3G, so i tried to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.3 but it kept failing and not sure why i kept doing it in recovery mode when you hold the home and power button and stuff and then shift and click recover blah blah and just kept failing so was hoping if anyone had any ideas how to jailbreak my ipod touch 3g 4.0 firmware please >.< I'd be very grateful.

Thanks in advance.

Bronson15

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Steps to downgrade iOS 4.0 iPhone firmware to 3.1.3 [Mac OS]

Step #1 Copy the application ?iRecovery? on the desktop and install the library ?libusb?.

Step #2 Open iTunes, click the ALT key + Restore and manually load the original 3.1.3 firmware.

Step #3 During the restore process, you?ll notice a pop up with error 1015, neglect it.

Step #4 Click Ok to close the pop-ups and close iTunes.

Step #5 Now open the terminal and type the following commands:
cd Desktop
./iRecovery-s
setenv auto-boot true
saveenv
fsboot
exit

Step #6 Wait a few seconds and disconnect the iPhone from the cable, then reboot the phone by clicking Home + Power buttons simultaneously.

Step #7 Once you connect the phone via USB and proceed normally, the Apple logo appears on the display.

Voila! The downgrade from iOS 4.0 to iOS 3.1.3 is successfully completed.

Steps to downgrade iOS 4.0 iPhone firmware to 3.1.3 [Windows]

Step #1 Extract the archive iRecovery and bring the application on your Desktop.

Step #2 Install ?libusb-win32-filter-bin-0.1.12.1.exe? and keep the file on the desktop.

Step #3 Connect your iPhone via USB and put it in DFU mode (hold down the button ?Power? and ?Home? for 10 seconds then release).

Step #4 Restore and manually load firmware 3.1.3 (by pressing Shift + Restore and select the firmware you downloaded previously).

Step #5 Towards the end of recovery, the procedure will stop and return the iTunes error 1015. Neglect it.

Step #6 Click OK on the pop-up, Close iTunes and run the console by typing the following commands:

cd Desktop (or folder where you copied iRecovery)
iRecovery.exe-s
setenv auto-boot true
saveenv
fsboot
exit

Step #7 Unplug the iPhone from your computer and restart it by pressing the Power and Home until the Apple logo appears. Once turned on, connect to your computer, activate it and use it normally.

Voila! The downgrade from iOS 4.0 to iPhone iOS 3.1.3 is successfully completed.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2