iPhone 3gs, 3.1.3 old bootrom, Jailbreak Options?

papalaz

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
The phone has stock 3.1.3 never been jailbroken. What are my upgrade options?

I had an iPod touch that I used blackra1n to get cydia etc about 7-10 months ago, now I've come back from android and find there's a whole load of options and possibilities.

Ideally I'd like ios4 jailbroken on my 3gs, but I also wouldnt mind staying on 3.1.3 and having that jailbroken. Can someone with some upto date knowledge guide me.

Also I'm not bothered about carrier unlocking my phone I just want jailbroken so I can use cydia.

Thanks
:)

Last edited:

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
You can use spirit to jailbreak 3.1.3. It's like spiritjb.com i think. Super easy and straight forward.

If you really do have the old bootrom you can jb with spirit and then find a spirit2pwn guide online to use either pwnage tool or snowbreeze. But until you verify your bootrom spirit will be just fine.

papalaz

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
Shortly after posting this I used Spirit to jailbreak my 3.1.3, so from here I have a spirit jailbroken 3gs with bootrom 359.3 and 05.12.01.

I'm quite happy with it on 3.1.3 with winterboard etc it's just like when I had my ipod touch. Does io4 offer real benefits at the moment? and if so whats the best way up from here.

Thank you for the advice.

:)

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
From what I've seen from others with ios4... Proswitcher is the preferred multi-tasker method over ios4. But there is a patch using sinful repo that eliminates ios4 multitasking

but folders on ios4 seem smoother.

I am jb on old botroom and 3.1.3 via spirit. I an patiently waiting for a similiar (if ever) jb for 3gs on ios4.

I've had a great experience so far being spirited