The new OS has been out for over 2 weeks and still no jailbreak. Starting to worry that this is going to be another 3.1.3 issue. We will keep getting rumors that it is coming, then, 6 months from now, we will hear rumors that they are working on a JB for the new OS.
    07-07-2010 09:50 PM
    This isn't true as I know for a fact that iOS 4 can be jailbroken on the 3gs. iOS 4 can also be jailbroken on the 3g. Sure there are some caveats to get the jailbreak to work but if you were jailbroken before I wouldn't be surprised if you can get it jailbroken.

However if you are only talking about the new iphone then you are correct. But the title then should read that the iPhone 4 no jailbreak 2 weeks later. But as I understand it it has to do with the new hardware more so than then new operating software.
    07-07-2010 10:38 PM
    The new OS has been out for over 2 weeks and still no jailbreak. Starting to worry that this is going to be another 3.1.3 issue. We will keep getting rumors that it is coming, then, 6 months from now, we will hear rumors that they are working on a JB for the new OS.
    You could always put the time and effort into developing one if there isn't one fast enough for you.
    07-08-2010 02:37 PM

if you read the forums and stop complaing and have a little patiant, the dev team and comex is already working on finding a jb for 3gs on the new bootrom and the iphone 4......... ps last i heard was that they were waiting for 4.0.1 to come out then they would release 4.0 jb.....simple as that....
    07-08-2010 03:01 PM
    And then 4.0.2, 4.0.3....

I'm a begger, so i'm not going to lay on the criticism too thick, but personally i wonder whether they're doing the right thing by making sure we always have some jailbreak methods held back, or whether it's the wrong thing because apple now know how to prevent a jailbreak - release many small updates because no one dares release anything.
    07-09-2010 04:19 AM
    I sympathize with you. I inadvertently upgraded to 3.1.3 with the new bootrom and have been anxiously awaiting a jailbreak. I really do miss some of the apps from cydia. Hopefully we'll see the JB soon
    07-09-2010 07:17 AM
    unfortunately, I dont have the mental capacity to develop a JB for OS4.

I now want it even more. I updated my wifes 3GS to os4 last night. I want the multiple calendar sync, single mail box and multitasking.

But I need my MyWi more, so I will stick with my JB 3.1.2

I dont understand why we have a JB for MACs but those of us on PCs still cant JB.
    07-09-2010 01:13 PM

I dont understand why we have a JB for MACs but those of us on PCs still cant JB.
    Snowbreeze 1.6.2
    07-09-2010 01:14 PM
    I just read up on Snowbreeze 1.6.2 I am not convinced that it works.

and now after today, hearing that the Blackrain JB wont be coming. It is not looking good
    07-10-2010 10:58 PM
    I just read up on Snowbreeze 1.6.2 I am not convinced that it works.

and now after today, hearing that the Blackrain JB wont be coming. It is not looking good
    LOL um ok. That's what i used on my 3gs to go from 3.1.3 to 4.0
    07-11-2010 01:29 AM
    dude, no need to start 2 threads on the same topic.
    07-11-2010 11:33 AM
    LOL um ok. That's what i used on my 3gs to go from 3.1.3 to 4.0
    you are a lucky man. I have wasted 2 days trying to install. No luck
    07-12-2010 05:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD