JailBreak and backing up App data (not apps themselves)

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
Quick question

Is there a jailbreak app that will allow me to backup my App data (like my current progress in Plants vs Zombies) on an App by App basis, rather than the iTunes method of "everything or nothing"?

My reasoning, I would like to do a full clean install of OS4 on my iPhone at some point in the future, but I also know an iPhone 4 jailbreak is pending.

What I plan to do, if I am able, is back up just the app data (via the future jailbreak) that I want to keep, then do a full wipe, restoring just the app data I want. That way I keep my game progress, and get rid of all of that extra baggage.

uhanrodric

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
If I were you, I'd probably try a jailbreak app that allows you to view the root folders of your phone. If you can get to the app folder where the data is stored, try getting it to your pc/mac. When you re-jailbreak do the same thing in reverse. I know this probably doesn't make any sense, but I'm sure this is the basic idea of what you would need to do. I will look up the exact details when I get home unless someone beats me to it.

macharborguy

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
oh it makes perfect sense, i am just not the type of person to go mucking about in the directory structure of my iPhone, and had hoped there was a Cydia app that did the same thing with a UI.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2