I currently have the iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 and I jailbroked it quite a while ago with blackra1n. The iPhone 4.0 update is out, and I just wanted to ask if it will affect ANYTHING that involves jailbreaking. Will the jailbreak be gone? Will it still be there as if nothing happened to the jailbroken features? If something will happen to the jailbreak, is there a way to avoid or re-install it?

Please reply, thanks!
    07-06-2010 05:49 AM
    Updating to 4.0 will cause you to lose ur jailbreak and all that goes along with it. However, you can re-jailbreak it once you update to 4.0 but it can be a pain. If you cherish your jailbreak then I would say leave it be, but if you must update to 4.0 it may be some time before a decent jailbreak is available. I am not a fan of any that are out currently (my opinion) but it is up to you. Hope that helps.
    07-06-2010 06:39 AM
    Updating to 4.0 will cause you to lose ur jailbreak and all that goes along with it. However, you can re-jailbreak it once you update to 4.0 but it can be a pain. If you cherish your jailbreak then I would say leave it be, but if you must update to 4.0 it may be some time before a decent jailbreak is available. I am not a fan of any that are out currently (my opinion) but it is up to you. Hope that helps.
    Its not hard at all to go from 3.1.2 jailbroken to 4.0 jailbroken.......
    07-06-2010 10:04 AM
    Its not hard at all to go from 3.1.2 jailbroken to 4.0 jailbroken.......
    i just prefer to wait until Geohot releases one, thats all.
    07-06-2010 12:59 PM
    i just prefer to wait until Geohot releases one, thats all.
    Enjoy a long wait
    07-06-2010 01:17 PM
    My suggestion is to read ALL the threads here about everyone who was jailbroke and updated to iOS4 and are stuck with no jailbreak or begging to go back to 3.12/3.1.3. Do ur homework first before upgrading and be sure to save ur shsh blobs on cydia first
    07-06-2010 01:19 PM
    My suggestion is to read ALL the threads here about everyone who was jailbroke and updated to iOS4 and are stuck with no jailbreak or begging to go back to 3.12/3.1.3. Do ur homework first before upgrading and be sure to save ur shsh blobs on cydia first
    If you dont already have the SHSH blobs saved you CANT save them now. Apple is not signing 3.1.2 or 3.1.3 anymore
    07-06-2010 01:21 PM
    @theringer

That's right, now that 4.0 is out. I'd stay with 3.1.2, if it's working fine, why change?? "If it ain't broke, don't fix it"
    07-06-2010 01:24 PM
    I currently have the iPhone 3GS 3.1.2 and I jailbroked it quite a while ago with blackra1n. The iPhone 4.0 update is out, and I just wanted to ask if it will affect ANYTHING that involves jailbreaking. Will the jailbreak be gone? Will it still be there as if nothing happened to the jailbroken features? If something will happen to the jailbreak, is there a way to avoid or re-install it?

Please reply, thanks!
    Is your device a tethered jailbreak?

If not, you can use sn0wbreeze to create a custom 4.0 that is jailbroken.
    07-06-2010 01:46 PM
    So what your saying is that if I have a jailbreak on 3.1.2 and update to 4.0 without doing anything it will automatically remove my jailbreak and everything will be back to normal?

I want to get rid of my jailbreak and get back to normal, all i have to do is just update and everything will go back? Was unsure if I had to delete jailbreak off my phone first or something...
    07-07-2010 01:30 PM
    @Meinbeast

Just back up ur iPhone first in iTunes and do a restore and you'll be on iOS4 without a jailbreak. Then u can sync ur phone to get ur data back
    07-07-2010 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD