Hi, I'm new. I want to buy a used 3G to unlock for T-Mobile. Some guy is selling a 3G running iOS4 via Apple. I assume it's never been JB before and has the latest baseband.

Can I restore it using Pwnage Tool and jailbreak it? And then run ultrasn0w?

Or another option I just read was about RecBoot on iphonehacks(dot)com.

Will this work? Or does it only work on iOS4 that's already jailbroken?

I suppose the question is, can any 3G under any scenario be JB and unlocked?

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
    07-03-2010 11:41 AM
    Yes. iPhone 3G, running the STOCK iOS4 can be jailbroken using redsn0w. Then you go to Cydia, download "ultrasn0w", and reboot. You'll be jailbroken and unlocked. But make sure your 3G toggle/service is turned off. That will get calls and SMS working. If you have a plan that supports MMS and Internet, you'll have to go into Settings/General/Network/Cellular Data Network, an manually add all of the APN settings.

I've done this on 5 phones as of right now. It worked every time.
    07-05-2010 05:24 PM
    Can this work for a 3GS on 4.0 it was previously jailbroken on 3.1.3 via spirit...
    No, read the other threads, quite a few of them on the front page.

Specifically the "how to 3.1.3 3gs to 4.0 spirit2pwn"
    07-06-2010 04:13 PM
    Actually, now with the update to sn0wbreeze, if you have an OLD BOOTROM 3G[s], yes, it can be done.
    07-06-2010 08:35 PM
    look for my thead Jailbreak tools and info or something like that it has a tool that will tell you what bootrom you're on.
    07-07-2010 05:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD