So, what is the best way to stay up to date with the jailbreak software out to jailbreak the current OS? My research tells me that so far there are multiple groups of people (geohot, iphone dev team, and others) trying to jailbreak OS 4.0, and there are many scams (clawpack) that keep coming out saying they have done it. What is the best way to track the progress of these groups and ensure that I can download a legitamit program to jailbreak OS 4.0 as soon as it is available and tested for the average user? (I know they have already jailbroken it for developers...).

I would also prefer a way that will allow me to stay up to date as the jailbroken community comes out with future OS jailbreaks. Any ideas?
    06-29-2010 04:59 PM
    Right now is probably the most crazy I've ever seen the jailbreak community. Very confusing as to which devices with what OS and current state of jailbreak are capable of jailbreak, and how difficult it is to do it. I personally used sn0wbreeze update my jailbroken 3GS to iOS 4. That was my best option since I do not own a Mac so the devteam could do nothing for me and I still have the 3.1.2 bootrom since I wasn't dumb enough to update to 3.1.3. If you are even semi competent you should be able to use sn0wbreeze as long as you already have a jailbroken OS running at the moment. If you own a Mac you are also golden already as the devteam tools should allow an easy jailbreak. If you are not jailbroken on 3.1.3 though you are just going to have to keep an eye on the devteam blog and geohot. My guess is they will wait for the next update (4.0.1 or 4.1 or whatever it ends up being) before they put any tools out though.
    06-29-2010 05:18 PM
    Thanks that helps a lot. I do have a Mac and they have been saying a lot of things about the current options for jailbreaking 4.0. Since you have it, let me ask a few questions:

1. With the programs out there, is there even a developer jailbreak for the actual 4.0 that was released to the general population, or just the GM Beta version?
    2. So far, what is your opinion of the 4.0 jailbreak environment? Is it buggy? Could I screw up my iphone if I'm not careful? (I'm not an ***** but I'm not to good with terminal for fixing things. I also was stupid enough to upgrade to 3.1.3 on my iphone 3g (MB model))
    06-29-2010 05:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD