When irecovery wouldnt see it, did you install the libusb exe that came with irecovery? If not it wont work
    07-03-2010 06:51 PM
    When irecovery wouldnt see it, did you install the libusb exe that came with irecovery? If not it wont work
    I did... compatibility mode: XP sp2, run as admin.
    Meh... with many thanks (once again) to the great saurik, I have a clean install of 3.1.3, so I'm gonna start this over in a few min.
    07-03-2010 07:16 PM
    alright.... something more important came up. As I'm in a good place Ima stoppin for now. Thanks for the help ringer!!
    07-03-2010 07:51 PM
    I did... compatibility mode: XP sp2, run as admin.
    Meh... with many thanks (once again) to the great saurik, I have a clean install of 3.1.3, so I'm gonna start this over in a few min.
    hmmm compatability mode? Vista or win7?

Lots have had problems with that, have a windows xp computer around?
    07-03-2010 08:25 PM
    Wow now i really did it...... i installed spirit2 in cydea, everything installed fine and then the next time i looked at the phone it was off....so i tried to turn it back on and nothing..... i assumed it was in DFU mode some how so i tried to get it out....nothing....no power, no apple logo, no recovery mode...
    so went to itunes to do a restore, it recognized the phone is in DFU mode and tried to restore but i keep getting errors..... mostly code 28.... so now what?

i cant restore,recover,turn on or anything....

Phone is 3gs 3.13 5.12 jailbroke with spirit...shsh backed up but doesn't do me any good cuz phone does nothing.....HELP!

07-05-2010 12:35 AM
    Ouch, everything google points 28 to hardware failure, mostly saying the dock connector gone bad
    07-06-2010 10:01 AM
    I completely second and third what they said. It seems like alot to do for the average jb person to go through.also why push the issue? A jb will come out be patient. Don't risk losing a jb or jackn your phone up w some bs idea of doing it alot of these guys r just pushing the issue with hopes of a real hacker to release it early. How many times has this been done already?
    07-07-2010 11:41 PM
    I figured I had already done that since my phone was already on 3.1.3 and JB'ed, that I didn't need to repeat that step.
    07-08-2010 12:30 AM
    i love this....
    07-08-2010 12:34 AM
    I can also confirm that this works. My 3gs was restored and jailbroken with spirit and baseband 5.12.01. Im not sure what boot rom it is though. I followed the steps completely and finally finished with ios 4.0 on my 3gs using pwnage tool custom firmwares. I stumbled on the mobile terminal part. REMEMBER to type in "su root" before you do the commands. This is awesome! it is so much snapier on ios 4.0
    07-16-2010 10:54 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD