hmmm...so im guessing i need to downgrade to iTunes 9.1?
    06-30-2010 07:09 PM
    I did everything with 9.2
    hmmm...so im guessing i need to downgrade to iTunes 9.1?
    06-30-2010 07:47 PM
    have you tried unlocking with ultrasn0w 0.93?

it worked for me.

No I have not.
    Do you think its gonna work because I have the new bootrom and my iphone has never been unlocked or jailbroken before.
    06-30-2010 07:54 PM
    No I have not.
    Do you think its gonna work because I have the new bootrom and my iphone has never been unlocked or jailbroken before.
    for the ultrasn0w unlock it doesnt matter if the phone has never been unlocked before, it worked for me so i guess it should. im on the new bootrom as well.
    06-30-2010 07:59 PM
    for the ultrasn0w unlock it doesnt matter if the phone has never been unlocked before, it worked for me so i guess it should. im on the new bootrom as well.
    ok can you tell me how that works? like guide me through it if you would.
    couse i dont wanna brick my phone man. lol
    06-30-2010 10:55 PM
    I need to jailbreak my phone first before i unlock it thats my problem.
    06-30-2010 10:58 PM
    ok can you tell me how that works? like guide me through it if you would.
    couse i dont wanna brick my phone man. lol
    lol alright.. so your iphone is jailbroken?

open cydia and go to manage > sources click edit > add

repo666.ultrasn0w.com then after that search ultrasn0w on cydia and install it, thats all there is to it.
    06-30-2010 11:12 PM
    no no man thats my problem. I can't jailbreak it.
    How did you do it. You said you have the new bootrom to so how did you manage to jailbreak and unlock it.
    probo sam danas preko pwnage tool but i couldnt do it.
    06-30-2010 11:19 PM
    sn0wbreeze gave me the 1600 error... u have the link to the pwnagetool 4??
    06-30-2010 11:29 PM
    I'm on step 18. I'm so close to restoring to the custom iOS 4 firmware but I don't have the time to fix my phone if anything goes wrong tonight. Alas it'll have to wait until tomorrow. However my phone is working right now despite being halfway through the process. First thing after work tomorrow I plan to finish the process.

I think this works. ih8snow endorses it, check out the official tweet here

I even asked about the specific tutorial at the beginning of this thread

his response

so here's hoping tomorrow after work I have a 3gs running a jailbroken version of iOS 4.
    06-30-2010 11:44 PM
    How do i open pwnagetool.dmg???

when i click on it, all it does is open up thru limewire as a download then it stalls...help pls????
    07-01-2010 12:13 AM
    no no man thats my problem. I can't jailbreak it.
    How did you do it. You said you have the new bootrom to so how did you manage to jailbreak and unlock it.
    probo sam danas preko pwnage tool but i couldnt do it.
    ohhh, spirit, just go to spiritjb.com and download the program, its easy just plug your phone in and it should detect it, and just click the button
    07-01-2010 12:45 AM
    ohhh, spirit, just go to spiritjb.com and download the program, its easy just plug your phone in and it should detect it, and just click the button
    does it have a chance of bricking my phone.
    07-01-2010 01:51 AM
    and it says you have to have firmware 3.1.3 or lower to jailbreak it.
    and if this works on my 4.0 after i jailbreak it, can i unlock my iphone after?
    07-01-2010 01:54 AM
    and it says you have to have firmware 3.1.3 or lower to jailbreak it.
    and if this works on my 4.0 after i jailbreak it, can i unlock my iphone after?
    oh so you got 4.0, there isnt a jailbreak available yet. i thought you had 3.1.3
    07-01-2010 01:55 AM
    No man I wish I had 3.1.3. I bought my phone stock with the newest firmware.
    I wish there was some way that I can downgrade it or something but I guess I just have to wait for now.
    07-01-2010 02:18 AM
    After 6 hours of fighting with my iPhone 3GS which was on the stock iOS 4.0 upgrade (but luckily had 3.1.3 SHSH blobs on Cydia), I was able to successfully use this guide to obtain a jailbroken, unlocked, iOS 4.0 device.
    Am I correct to infer you used your SHSH blobs to downgrade to 3.1.3 before following the procedure provided on the web page?
    07-01-2010 06:52 AM
    Am I correct to infer you used your SHSH blobs to downgrade to 3.1.3 before following the procedure provided on the web page?
    you are correct.
    07-01-2010 08:52 AM
    This does NOT work.

Repeat.

DOES NOT WORK.

i have 3.1.3 shsh on file. JB with spirit. Old bootrom

everything in the guide works up until putting the 4.0 on the device.

at that point it will fail with itunes unknown error 2. This is with snowbreeze or pwnagetool.

Please stop spreading the crap as this DOES NOT WORK

EDIT -- NOTICE THE ONES SAYING IT DOES WORK ONLY HAVE 1 POST HERE?

not too hard for me to say something works, register another email and post it worked for me too.
    07-01-2010 12:12 PM
    EDIT -- NOTICE THE ONES SAYING IT DOES WORK ONLY HAVE 1 POST HERE?

not too hard for me to say something works, register another email and post it worked for me too.
    You mean like your one post here?

The procedure certainly worked for me. I registered here only to confirm it worked because I wanted to let others with stock 3.1.3 on their iPhone 3GS know that they're not completely screwed.

Your running into an error doesn't mean the procedure doesn't work in general. It just means it didn't work for you. In the past, many of us have run into problems, like error 1600 or 1604, trying to install modified firmware onto iPhones. In fact, I did yesterday trying to install a custom iOS 4 an iPhone 3G. It's not exactly uncommon.
    07-01-2010 03:29 PM
    I can confirm this DOES in fact work.

I'm through the worst of it, my iPhone 3GS was shift+restored to the custom iOS 4 ipsw and am currently setting it up as a new device, re-syncing apps as I write this. Before I re-synced it I tested a few of the cosmetic features, I had the folders, the rain-drop background, the fast app switcher bar, etc.

This was my set up:

iPhone 3GS running 3.1.3 jailbroken with Spirit with the baseband of 05.12.01 and the OLD bootrom while using iTunes 9.1.1.11 (maybe too many 1's, but either way the version immediately before 9.2).

By the time I'm typing this the initial sync is over and I definitely have a 3GS running a jailbroken iOS 4.
    07-01-2010 07:59 PM
    Oh man i tried it and got no luck..on astep 12.. will try it later..again..
    07-01-2010 09:15 PM
    Ok, i guess i get to eat crow

Got it to work finally, and heres the problem i ran into in the hopes it helps someone else

Ran thru the whole process exactly, but at the end i was getting itunes unknown error 2.

After pulling my hair out, i tried using snowbreeze 1.6.2

The error was being caused by using snowbreeze 1.6.1

Ya i said it didnt work earlier, but how many come back and admit?
    07-02-2010 01:44 AM
    Ya i said it didnt work earlier, but how many come back and admit?
    Credit where it's due, your backtracking has given me the confidence to try this now.

Edit:

Tried this. Got to the "type reboot and let iphone reboot" part, the iphone didn't reboot. I put it into FDU mode and tried to restore to custom 4.0 but itunes gave me a 1600 error.

I saw a few "use pwnagetool" fixes for that, but i don't have a mac I assume those people with a mac who fixed it used pwnage tool to create a custom 4.0 and didn't get a 1600 error when trying to restore to that firmware?

If that works, what's the chances someone with a mac wants to upload a pwnage tool'd custom 4.0 for us windows users?

That is, unless there's yet another fix.
    Last edited by bobdole3141; 07-02-2010 at 07:24 AM.
    07-02-2010 05:27 AM
    @bobdole3141 I'm pretty sure the iTunes 1600 error is caused by DFU mode.

If the iPhone didn't reboot what happened? If you don't see the "success" message in terminal then it never flashed. Did you copy all of the files to the /tmp folder? I think there was something like 16 total.

The final restore needs to be done on iTunes 9.2 and it's a simply shift+restore.

I did the whole process on windows vista.
    07-02-2010 07:34 AM
85 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD