S.O.S STILL STRUCK ON 3.1.3 New boot rom

infertech

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
:confused:I have been waiting patiently since Jan 2010 for the unlock to come in for the new bootrom (MC model)
Now that there is 1 I am still confused since my phone is not jailbroken & almost all the posts talk about - works only if previously jailbroken.

Does that mean I still wait longer for the solution to come out.

What I am actually looking for is HACTIVATION

WHAT DO I DO

My phone is not activated
3GS Firmware 3.1.3
Baseband 05.12.01
Bootloader 6.4
Model MC131

PLEASE ADVISE

Last edited:

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Ugh wish I could edit on this mobile theme. Thinking about it I'm not sure that spirit will help with the hacktivation.

infertech

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
I have tried Spirit a number of times but all it does is says jailbreaking & then a pop up comes in which states (Error code :1)
so no that dosent work
not even for unlocking it seems
& either way since my phone is not activated I am sitting & working on a BRICK

Brassbuttons

May 12, 2009
Visit site
Clawpack Software has a tool that reportedly makes it very easy to jailbreak & unlock iphone 3g and 3gs on firmware 3.1.3 and 4.0. It is supposed to work with and be compatible with 05.13.04 and 5.12.01 basebands.

Sorry I can't post the link because I don't have enough forum posts as of yet. Just search for Clawpack Software and you should be good to go.

I have not tried this, but the article reports that many users have and it works well.

Good Luck!

infertech

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
The Clawpack thing Looks to me like another one of those scam sites which ask for money & then ask you to wait.
They are asking for 25 Quids for the same without any promises

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
DO NOT USE ANY SOFTWARE THAT ASKS FOR MONEY TO JAILBREAK!! The Dev-Team and others work hard to give us the tools so we can Jailbreak for free. There is a post I made called Jailbreak Tools and Info look for it maybe do a search. It has links to tell you which bootrom you're on and a Wizard which will lead you to a tool if there is one for your phone, baseband, firmware. You need to Jailbreak and then Unlock it is not the same thing.

infertech

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a lot buddy for your input.
I have a question though (may seem stupid).
There are a lot of links which say you can unlock using iOS 4.0, but your phone should be previously jailbroken - Can I (with a unjailbroken phone) try that route.
If not then I guess I will have to live with this brick for some more time

infertech

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
There seem to be a lot of comments on this site stating that 3.1.3 can be unlocked but unfortunately no clear guideline as to how.
Would somebody kindly elaborate

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
Have you ever been jailbroken before? If so how? Did you back up your shsh blobs?

What bootrom do you have? (the "figuring out your bootrom by mc model" thing doesn't work for iPhones. I know this because I have an mc model and I have the old bootrom)

Are you using windows or a Mac?

With what is known from your original post:

"My phone is not activated
3GS Firmware 3.1.3
Baseband 05.12.01
Bootloader 6.4
Model MC131"

I think you're out of luck.

I'm pretty sure the only way to "hacktivate" it is if you have an old bootrom and restore to a custom ipsw using sn0wbreeze or pwnagetool.

But since you are already on 3.1.3 and presumably don't have shsh blobs for 3.1.2 you can't downgrade to 3.1.2 in order to hacktivate it. You might be able to try and restore it to a custom 3.1.3 ipsw that had been hacktivated but this will only work if you have the old bootrom.

Even then I'm not sure it'll work - but honestly it doesn't sound like it'll hurt to try because I think the worst case scenario is you end up with a paperweight, which you already have.

Last edited:

theringer

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
There seem to be a lot of comments on this site stating that 3.1.3 can be unlocked but unfortunately no clear guideline as to how.
Would somebody kindly elaborate

You have to use spirit to Jailbreak. The error pop up is because spirit DOES NOT do hacktivation.

You have to pop in a supported sim to get off the SOS screen, then use spirit to jailbreak. Then look up ultrasnow on cydia for unlocking it.

You are tethered tho with the new bootrom. If you reboot your phone or power drains you will need a computer and that sim to get past SOS again.

infertech

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Well I was jailbroken on 3.1.2, but did not have the shsh saved & accidently (read stupidly) upgraded to 3.1.3 in Jan 2010 & am struck since then.
I honestly do not know what my bootrom version is & I am on windows

myzhi

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Well I was jailbroken on 3.1.2, but did not have the shsh saved & accidently (read stupidly) upgraded to 3.1.3 in Jan 2010 & am struck since then.
I honestly do not know what my bootrom version is & I am on windows

Can't you borrow someone's official sim card so you can activate the phone, and then, JB with Spirit? Then, if you need to unlock , install Ultrasnow through Cydia.

Last edited:

infertech

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
The issue here is that I am In INDIA & here it is only Airtel who has the official permission to sell Iphone, though I am also on Airtel, I also tried a sim which was activated on Aitel, but the result was the same. i.e no success

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
I think you are stuck with a paperweight. Everything I'm thinking of requires either 3.1.2 shsh blobs, which you don't have, or a jailbroken 3.1.3, which you can't do because you can't get it activated.

It couldn't hurt to know your bootrom anyway. I'd write a way to do it but there are already countless procedurals out there. Google "how to check iPhone bootrom" and you'll be inundated with tutorials.

After you do that reply with what version you have. But you should know it doesn't look promising.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro