Alternative to iPod app

wilko2205

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Hi

I've got a jailbroken 3GS on 3.1.3, and I was wondering if anyone knew of good alternative apps to the standard iPod app. There's little things about it that bother me. For example I have a compilation album with 30 songs, and they are appearing as individual artists with one song each. On my old iPod i was able to group compilations but not on my iPhone.

There's apps out there that improve on virtually all of the standard apple apps. Surely there must be one for the iPod. Thanks :D

Kman

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
Why do you want one? the apple one can already multitask seamlessly with the Apple OS and it works just perfectly... I see no reason for another jailbroken version. There are plenty of things that Apple does wrong that you can complain about, but this is not one of them.

wilko2205

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
Tunewiki is the shizzz. Get it at the app store free!! Displays lyrics when song is being played ;)

So does the standard app.

Why do you want one? the apple one can already multitask seamlessly with the Apple OS and it works just perfectly... I see no reason for another jailbroken version. There are plenty of things that Apple does wrong that you can complain about, but this is not one of them.

As I said in my original post, there are too many little things that bug me, such as the lack of grouping compilations. And the iPod app on the iPad is far superior to the iphone alternative

farbod21

TiPb Jailbreak Genius
Jun 21, 2010
twitter.com
I love soundhound.

BTW the standard app only shows lyrics that youve loaded youself. Soundhound and tunewiki gets the lyrics for you...

wilko2205

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
i've just upgraded to iOS4 and the problem has fixed itself. It seems that for some reason, this compilation album wasn't being recognised as a compilation by my iPod, despite countless double checking that it was registered that way. It was just a bit frustrating as the one album had 30 different artists, and for some reason, they all were grouped together under C (it was classic fm at the movies). Meaning if i wanted to select an artist from C, i would have to spend ages scrolling through.

Anyway, thanks for the help

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2