Hi all

Perhaps a little stupid but i have just upgraded my phone (or tried at least) to OS4 from an old version jailbreak version (not too worries about having a jailbroken phone at present). Any way it did the back up etc but failed.

Heres the situation i have

when i turn the phone on it briefly shows the aple logo and then just displays the usb picture. when i plug it in it pops up itunes is n recovery mode you must restore. when i click restore it comes up preparing iphone for restore, this occurs for some time and then i ge a ms box saying the iphone could not be restored. an unknown error occured (2003)

I would be greatful of some much needed advice on how to get my phone up and running again
    06-25-2010 01:58 PM
    Exact same issue I'm having. My laptop asks me if I'd like to install "Apple Mobile Device Recovery Mode", but then says it can't install it because the wizard can't find the necessary software.
    06-25-2010 05:17 PM
    I'm in the loop also, just joining into this thread in hopes of finding the solution. I am sure somebody here will help, if I figure out how to get out of this loop, I will post here & you guy's do the same, K! PEACE, =)
    06-25-2010 08:15 PM
    iRecovery: Get Out iPhone from Recovery Mode Loop on Restart | iPhone This has helped me twice get out of recovery loop
    06-25-2010 11:10 PM
    iRecovery: Get Out iPhone from Recovery Mode Loop on Restart | iPhone This has helped me twice get out of recovery loop

I will do this tonight & report back with success or failure asap! Until then my iPhone has displayed the "RED DEAD BATTERY" screen a few times in the past 2 or 3 days I've been in this loop, is it charging in the recovery mode loop? OR should i Charge it in "DFU" mode? Also should I charge it in wall charger or PC's usb port? Lastly, I have DFU'd and reset a bunch of times attempting to get out of the loop. If iRecovery work's to get me out will it be still JB'd with Spirit like before or will I be restoring & re-JB'ing it?
    Last edited by nillam1; 06-25-2010 at 11:58 PM.
    06-25-2010 11:27 PM
    What program do I use to install the Hackintosh.rar file to my PC? It's blank & it won't install or open.
    Last edited by nillam1; 06-26-2010 at 03:11 AM.
    06-26-2010 01:28 AM
    Just to add to this I have tried putting my phonein recovery mode to re jailbreak however when i try to put it in DFU mode ad keep holding the power and home nutton it comes on and displays the apple logo and then switches off after around 8 seconds. This shouldnt happen?
    06-26-2010 02:14 AM
    I just read that iRecovery is not a program to be opened it's a command line to be run. I am searching now how to run it on my windows vista pc but if somebody can please explain how to use iRecovery, it will help out in the meantime. Thanks, =)
    06-26-2010 06:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD