I recently updated my ipod to 2g(4.0) and I cant jailbreak it, when i try to set it into dfu mode it just sends the ipod into recovery mode, I realy need help and Im starting to get annoyed, I recently jailbroke it with spirit but now spirit wont jailbreak it
    06-24-2010 03:17 PM
    Spirit won't work with iTunes 9.2 or 4.0. You need to get into DFU mode, then restore to 3.1.3.
    06-24-2010 03:52 PM
    but I cant!! every single time it shows the apple logo then I have to restore it all
    Last edited by Braduz; 06-24-2010 at 04:03 PM.
    06-24-2010 04:00 PM
    I don't understand your last post.
    06-24-2010 04:09 PM
    ugh, My ipod touch wont go into dfh mode (or w/e its called)
    and its realy annoying, I have tried it lots of times, but it just comes on normally then goes into recover mode and I have to reset it to factory settings then resync all my freaking stuff
    06-24-2010 04:15 PM
    hold the power button down then slide to turn off the phone. Once the phone is off hold down the home button and plug the USB cable into the phone. Keep holding the home button down until you see the globe itunes image.
    06-24-2010 04:33 PM
    hold the power button down then slide to turn off the phone. Once the phone is off hold down the home button and plug the USB cable into the phone. Keep holding the home button down until you see the globe itunes image.
    Now its showing an usb cable pointing to itunes on my ipod touch, its starting to get annoying no globe itunes image came up
    06-24-2010 04:38 PM
    Ur in DFU mode when u see iTunes.
    06-24-2010 05:57 PM
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

No, the screen should remain black when you are in DFU mode. Recovery mode is when you see the iTunes logo on the iPhone.
    06-24-2010 06:14 PM
    I am having same problem.....i have itunes logo on iphone...then get message on computer The iphone software update server could not be contacted????
    06-24-2010 06:19 PM
    @big9erfan

You're right, was thinking of the recovery mode. Been a long day
    06-24-2010 06:22 PM
    now i have statement from itunes on computer stating The iphone could not be restored This device isnt eligible for the requested build.??
    06-24-2010 06:34 PM
    now i have statement from itunes on computer stating The iphone could not be restored This device isnt eligible for the requested build.??
    Are you using a 3GS? You can't restore to versions of firmware that Apple is no longer signing.
    06-24-2010 06:50 PM
    It's a forced recovery mode when the phone is off and u hold down the home button and plug in the USB it is not the same as dfu mode and also not the same as recovery it's forced restore once u do that u have to update apple doesn't signed old ipsw anymore u will the have to get your shsh and go that route there r plenty of posts on that process
    06-24-2010 07:12 PM
    iClarified - iPhone - How to Put an iPhone Into DFU Mode

No, the screen should remain black when you are in DFU mode. Recovery mode is when you see the iTunes logo on the iPhone.
    So sorry big9erfan is correct do this, make sure you use an Apple cable. I was trying to get into DFU mode using my Griffen and it wouldn't work I got my friend's Apple cable worked the first time.

Turn off your device then hold the power button and count to 3 then hold both power and home and count to 8 release the power button and keep holding the home button the screen will be black but keep holding it and count to 23.

I'm sorry it sound like a crazy ritual but that is the instructions on Redsn0w
    06-24-2010 08:31 PM
    I followed the dfu video, it just set it into recovery mode and I dident get a popup, I have tried loads of ways and realy sick of it
    Last edited by Braduz; 06-26-2010 at 05:09 PM.
    06-26-2010 04:58 PM
    So sorry big9erfan is correct do this, make sure you use an Apple cable. I was trying to get into DFU mode using my Griffen and it wouldn't work I got my friend's Apple cable worked the first time.

Turn off your device then hold the power button and count to 3 then hold both power and home and count to 8 release the power button and keep holding the home button the screen will be black but keep holding it and count to 23.

I'm sorry it sound like a crazy ritual but that is the instructions on Redsn0w
    as soon as I held the power button it just came back on
    06-26-2010 05:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD