3GS jailbreak for iOS4 confusion... please help?

randomasta

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site
OK, I grabbed the IPSW file.. so now I'm going to:

1) Restore with 3.1.2 for 3GS using my 3.1.2 backup SHSH profile
2) Jailbreak with blackra1n
3) Jailbreak/update with Pwnagetool 4.0

Does that sound right?

Sounds good, but grab the 4.01 pwnagetool :)

Man I wish I had my 3.1.2 saved...I'm stuck on 3.1.3 with a spirit break.

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I have a jailbroke 3gs, not really worried about the ability to make folders on the springboard but with the other additions in iOS4 is it worth updating and losing my jailbreak or am I better off staying with what I have? All opinions are appreciated.

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you have a 3gs I would say iOS 4 is worth it but that is to me you might be a different kind of user than I am. I'm always surprised at the threads whenever an OS update comes out. Why is it always so difficult? I don't know maybe it's because I'm on a 3G or maybe because I only use the same tool each time I JB. So anyone used the SHSH blobs successfully to put this question to rest? Yes there is only potentially a problem using a different JB tool if you're already JB with another tool.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
Backing SHSH profile on a 3G is unnecessary....why?

because you can restore back down to a previous OS, but on 3GS apple doesnt allow you to. Supposedly saving the SHSH will allow you to restore without upgrading to 4.0 but so far I have not found that it works.

entronp

May 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a jailbroke 3gs, not really worried about the ability to make folders on the springboard but with the other additions in iOS4 is it worth updating and losing my jailbreak or am I better off staying with what I have? All opinions are appreciated.

Stay with what you have. 4.0 really isnt that much different IMO and I like my winterboard and win7 theme plus tons more jailbroken apps.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I think the biggest problem is people have NO PATIENCE....! Relax

All loose strings will be tied in due time. ios4 was just released 2 or 3 days ago.

Relax

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
That was also my first thought but it seemed like there was such a big hype about iOS4 once it did release, I wasn't sure if I was missing out on something or if it was as usual just hype. I agree with you all and will wait for a good jailbreak for it to come out.

white573

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
It is said over and over again in these treads people," google"!!!! Research what you r doing before u do it I'm not the best at this buy everything I've learned was through research trial and error. And believe me I'm not a genius, hints the poor spelling and lack of periods

billyeha66

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
First of all, if I wanted to google everything then what would we need these forums for?
Second, I wasn't doing anything but asking for opinions which I did google and didn't find anything. Thanks anyway!

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
First of all, if I wanted to google everything then what would we need these forums for?
Second, I wasn't doing anything but asking for opinions which I did google and didn't find anything. Thanks anyway!

don't think that was meant for you, think they were referring to the other people in the thread who JB and now are stuck trying to get back to 3.1.3

BatKing

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
Hi,

if my 3GS is on iOS4 official firmware with BB 05.13.04 but old bootrom and never jailbroken before, then I guess I am out of luck for jailbreaking this phone anymore. Am I right?

From my research, it seems if I am on BB 05.12.08 with 3.1.3 OS (2 days ago), then I might still be able jailbreak with spirit? But since I movde to BB 05.13.04 I am stuck?

Just want to confirm as this is so confusing and I am really new to this (1st post) and seems already seriously screwed with this 05.13.04 BB.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Ipheuria

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
If you saved your SHSH blobs then you may be able to downgrade and re-JB. I don't think the baseband matters for the JB but the bootrom does look in the thread 3Gs with 5.13.04 on iOS4 no Cydia or something close to that it's on the first page I put links and some info might help you out.

Last edited:

BatKing

Jun 25, 2010
Visit site
If you saved your SHSH blobs then you may be able to downgrade and re-JB. I don't think the baseband matters for the JB but the bootrom does look in the thread 3Gs with 5.13.04 on iOS4 no Cydia or something close to that it's on the first page I put links and some info might help you out.

I thought my 359.3 bootrom is a old bootrom and 359.3.2 is the new one? so mine should be good? I never jailbroken this 3GS before, so I don't have my SHSH saved. Is that means I can't downgrade to 3.1.3 anymore?

thanks.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2