Before i go ahead and upgrade..

CrazRid

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Hi guys. Before i go ahead and update to iOS4 i have some questions.

1) Since im jailbreaked with 3.1.3 spirit, how do i backup all my files so i can have it trasnfered when theres a jailbreak for 4.0.

2) how soon will there be a jailbreak for 4.0 version? or is there one already?

3) is it reconmended to update to 4.0?

4) if i update should i restore as a new phone?

thats all i have for now.

thanks

Last edited:

osensnolf

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Responses like OMG makes you want to bust that kid upside the head with a 2x4. Idiot.

Back to the OP - First, sync your phone with iTunes. Keep in mind that your JB aps will not be there when you upgrade to iOS4. In short, if it is 100% legal, it will be there when you upgrade. if not, say good buy to it for now.

There is a JB app (forgot the name) that will create a list of your JB apps (and maybe settings) and once you JB iPhone 4, you can run that and it will download your files. Having said that, some JB apps may not work so its best to just start from scratch.

In my opinion.

I hope that helps.

LazyStarGazer

Nov 25, 2009
Visit site
Responses like OMG makes you want to bust that kid upside the head with a 2x4. Idiot.

Back to the OP - First, sync your phone with iTunes. Keep in mind that your JB aps will not be there when you upgrade to iOS4. In short, if it is 100% legal, it will be there when you upgrade. if not, say good buy to it for now.

There is a JB app (forgot the name) that will create a list of your JB apps (and maybe settings) and once you JB iPhone 4, you can run that and it will download your files. Having said that, some JB apps may not work so its best to just start from scratch.

In my opinion.

I hope that helps.

Yes, I'm being picky, but how about we use 'Apple approved' instead of legal?
Sorry, it just annoys me that SJ wants to decide what I can do with his product after I buy it.

irjoeyy

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Yes, I'm being picky, but how about we use 'Apple approved' instead of legal?
Sorry, it just annoys me that SJ wants to decide what I can do with his product after I buy it.

I think he may not be talking about free Cydia apps, but about apps that have been pirated.

SorryOrange

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
I was just wondering?

I have a Jailbroken 3.1.3 device, and I have iTunes 9.2 installed an running. I read on tipb that I had to restore to Regular 3.1.3 in order to successfully Update to iOS4, but when I tried to ?Shift+Click? Restore and select firmware in iTunes 9.2, it told me that it isn?t compatible.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong, or tell me what I need to do? Or even answer this one question ? If I click Restore in iTunes, will it restore to 3.1.3 automatically and Update to iOS4? Or will I have to actually manually restore to 3.1.3? I?ve been dying to know, but scared to try it out.

Thanks Guys.

JohnH59

Dec 19, 2004
Visit site
I was just wondering?

I have a Jailbroken 3.1.3 device, and I have iTunes 9.2 installed an running. I read on tipb that I had to restore to Regular 3.1.3 in order to successfully Update to iOS4, but when I tried to ?Shift+Click? Restore and select firmware in iTunes 9.2, it told me that it isn?t compatible.

Can someone tell me what I did wrong, or tell me what I need to do? Or even answer this one question ? If I click Restore in iTunes, will it restore to 3.1.3 automatically and Update to iOS4? Or will I have to actually manually restore to 3.1.3? I?ve been dying to know, but scared to try it out.

Thanks Guys.

Just click restore. It will download 4.0 and update your iPhone with 4.0. Of course you will lose your JB. I basically did this with the 4.0 GM version (Shift + Restore to find the GM file), but the principal is the same. I've read on here where several have done the same thing.

I also backed up and then restored my apps and settings after the update finished.

cajunrph

Sep 29, 2009
Visit site
I'm an idiot cause someone is lazy...
Nice 1
No you are an idiot because you added nothing to the OP question other than being an a$$ telling him to find the answer for himself. Like my mother said, if you don't have anything nice to say keep your mouth shut.

SorryOrange

Jun 22, 2010
Visit site
Just click restore. It will download 4.0 and update your iPhone with 4.0. Of course you will lose your JB. I basically did this with the 4.0 GM version (Shift + Restore to find the GM file), but the principal is the same. I've read on here where several have done the same thing.

I also backed up and then restored my apps and settings after the update finished.

Are you positive that all I have to do is click Restore? It won't brick my phone at all? I need answers, sir. ANSWERS!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner