Hey all,
    Had a JB 3.1.3 sprint and yesterday went ahead and downloaded 9.2-> backed up my phone and installed ios 4. But now most of my apps don't work including the app store app. Has anyone had this issue and what is my next move to fix my problems. Also, some element(s) of the JB are still there because where the at&t logo usually is it's still showing "Rob" when I changed the name previously.
    Has anyone had these issues and what can I do to fix the problems.

Thanks,
    Rob
    06-26-2010 08:26 AM
    if i update my jailbroken iphone 3gs 3.1.3, will it brick? i dont care about losing my jailbreak at all, just wondering if it will brick.
    06-26-2010 04:02 PM
    if i update my jailbroken iphone 3gs 3.1.3, will it brick? i dont care about losing my jailbreak at all, just wondering if it will brick.
    Step 1- sync to backup your data
    Step 2- restore as new phone
    Step 3- update to 4.0 with iTunes.
    Step 4- resync your data

No more jailbreak but you will have a nice clean install of iOS 4.0.
    06-26-2010 04:18 PM
    Step 4- resync your data

it wont let me restore without upgrading, if i just upgrade will it brick then?
    06-26-2010 04:20 PM
    Here is the details of my phone

My phone is a 3GS, 16Gb.
    The version is 4.0 (8A293)
    Model MC131B
    Firmware 05.13.04

I have checked the boot rom and is 359.3 so I guess this id the old boot rom.

It was jailbroken in 3.1.3 but with what I don't know.

Cheers
    06-27-2010 08:07 AM
    hi, i have just jailbroken my 16g 3gs with spirit. i have downloaded some apps through installous and there is updates for some of these apps in the app store. is it ok to update apps through the original app store or not?? thanks.
    06-27-2010 05:02 PM
    Hi all,

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I am running 3.1.2 on my iPod 2G (Jailbroken). Is the correct method to update to 4.0, (regardless of whether I want to jailbreak again or not on 4.0) to just hit update and let it run. Or, should I restore and then update after a backup?

Thanks in advance for your help .
    06-28-2010 01:38 AM
    Hi Guy's?Gal's
    I did the following to update to 4.0
    Step 4- resync your data

It worked fine but I lost all my pics. Is that normal or can I still get them
    back from itunes.

Thanks,
    Rob
    06-28-2010 08:50 AM
    Is upgrading to OS 4.0 reversible? Can I rejailbreak back to 3.1.3?
    06-29-2010 05:23 PM
    Okay, so I'm hoping someone can explain this to me in layman's terms, because I don't understand any of this:

I have an iPhone 3GS, software version 3.1.3 that I jailbroke using Spirit. I use a Mac OSX 10.5.8. I was thinking about upgrading to Apple's new iPhone 4.0 software, but I haven't yet because I'm confused about whether or not I can jailbreak it again.

1) The Dev-team's site says that PwnageTool 4.01 "only works on previously jailbroken 3GS devices with the old bootrom."
    -->What is "bootroom," and how do I know what kind I have?

2) The site also says if "...you DID NOT use Spirit to jailbreak then you can create the ipsw with PwnageTool 4.0 and restore with your jailbroken recovery mode. "
    --> I used Spirit to jailbreak 3.1.3 - is it still possible for me to jailbreak 4.0? If so, how?
    --> What is an ipsw? Would this allow me to keep the apps/etc I obtained using Cydia? Or will I lose all of my info once I upgrade/jailbreak again?

3) Should I upgrade to 4.0 through iTunes? If so, should I do this before I jailbreak to 4.0 (if possible), or do I upgrade to 4.0 through the jailbreaking process?

4) In your opinion: Should I upgrade to 4.0?

Thank you so much. I know for most of you these are stupid questions, and I appreciate any help/advice given.
    07-01-2010 11:47 PM
    Hi all,

Yesterday I had an issue with a JB'n iphone 3gs running on 3.1.3 via sprint and (Each time I clicked the home button to come out of apps it always went to my lockscreen and then never went off that screen - only autolock could prevent this but it was more or less a gonner). I searched around to see if I could solve it (Tried DFU mode, Reboot etc - Still the issue was there). In all honestly I'm quite new to JB so I did more research regarding how to back up Cydia apps and what knot so it would save time to re-JB if I choose to do so and the relevent steps to follow. First of all I performed a backup in itunes, then installed aptbackup (Clicked app - choose backup option --> followed by the itunes step backup again i think). At this stage I'm thinking i'm more or less set, backed up my cydia apps (I'm hoping, backup iphone beforehand anyway), now to update to firmware ios 4 and solve my buggy iphone altogether. I went ahead and downloaded 9.2 first-> and installed ios 4 afterwards..

Outcome: After the firmware successfully installed I have some apps that are still available from my JB days (Just yesterday), I thought I would lose my apps that I got during the JB'n days (Refering to apps from installous rather than anywhere else).

1) What are my next best steps to follow guys? I miss the SB Settings etc. Will I need to wait for a new JB available with ios 4?

2) Also I didn't click restore in itunes after the firmware installed I simply unplugged it, should I have done for whatever reason?

If anyone can help with that, much appreciated
    07-02-2010 04:35 AM
    Hi
    I am new here. I was searching online on how to get the latest OS4 on a jailbroken iphone and found a TON of info. I want to be safe so hopefully you guys can help me out.

Stats:
    Iphone 3Gs
    version 3.0.1 (7A400)
    Itune version 8.1.2.6
    Jailbroken with redsn0w a long time ago.

How do i go about updating to OS4? and jailbreak it?
    will i lose my contacts/apps/photos if i update?
    can someone guide me step by step? or at least point me to the right direction?

Thanks in advance!
    07-07-2010 06:36 PM
    Hi Experts,

I see more than one person in the same situation I am and I have the same question plus one - I am hoping one of you expert guys can answer and help us all :-)

1. Have an unlocked 3GS 3.1.3 (MB model) jailbroken with Spirit - SHSH not saved (learnt about it too late )
    2. Want to upgrade to iOS 4.0 - and save SHSH of 4.0.

Question 1: Is there a way to preserve Spirit j/b when upgrading to 4.0?

Question Plus 1:
    My dilemma is - once Apple releases 4.01/4.1 it will stop signing 4.0 (am I wrong in this assumption?) - which means I will need 4.0 SHSH on the server. Which is why I want to upgrade to 4.0 and save the blobs now. This would obviously mean that I will lose my jailbreak and unlock - and I can live with it for a couple of months - hopefully Dev team or Comex will release a j/b and unlock for iOS 4.0 right after the release of 4.01 and I will be back in business. I need the phone unlocked in Oct - which is when I am travelling out of the country for a few months.

Can some one comment on whether my understand is right - that to ensure future unlock, I should upgrade to 4.0 now and temporarily lose j/b and u/l? Is that not the right path?

Thanks much,
    ~R
    Last edited by Newbie; 07-12-2010 at 04:17 PM. Reason: Typo
    07-12-2010 04:15 PM
    Hi Experts,

I see more than one person in the same situation I am and I have the same question plus one - I am hoping one of you expert guys can answer and help us all :-)

1. Have an unlocked 3GS 3.1.3 (MB model) jailbroken with Spirit - SHSH not saved (learnt about it too late )
    2. Want to upgrade to iOS 4.0 - and save SHSH of 4.0.

Question 1: Is there a way to preserve Spirit j/b when upgrading to 4.0?

Question Plus 1:
    My dilemma is - once Apple releases 4.01/4.1 it will stop signing 4.0 (am I wrong in this assumption?) - which means I will need 4.0 SHSH on the server. Which is why I want to upgrade to 4.0 and save the blobs now. This would obviously mean that I will lose my jailbreak and unlock - and I can live with it for a couple of months - hopefully Dev team or Comex will release a j/b and unlock for iOS 4.0 right after the release of 4.01 and I will be back in business. I need the phone unlocked in Oct - which is when I am travelling out of the country for a few months.

Can some one comment on whether my understand is right - that to ensure future unlock, I should upgrade to 4.0 now and temporarily lose j/b and u/l? Is that not the right path?

Thanks much,
    ~R
    Follow the steps in this post to go from 3.1.3 spirit jailbreak to 4.0 pwned

http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-jailbre...boot-ios4.html
    07-18-2010 12:29 PM
    New BootRom 3gs iphone>installed OS4.0.1>Attempted to jailbreak with redsn0w> got to the part where you hold down the home and power button in overlapping intervals>did not restart after 30 minute wait> bricked>restored>attempted to redo jailbreak>can't find ISPW not found (even though it was there)> installed pwnageTool> Jailbreak> can't find ISPW> updated itunes> attempted again with Redsn0w and pwnageTool> failed.

What should I do now???
    07-22-2010 01:29 AM
    New BootRom 3gs iphone>installed OS4.0.1>Attempted to jailbreak with redsn0w>
    That wont work, redsnow and 3gs is old bootrom only. 4.x is only jailbreakable upgrading from previously jailbroken.

got to the part where you hold down the home and power button in overlapping intervals>did not restart after 30 minute wait> bricked>restored>
    You are lucky it restored, count your blessings.

attempted to redo jailbreak>can't find ISPW not found (even though it was there)> installed pwnageTool> Jailbreak> can't find ISPW> updated itunes> attempted again with Redsn0w and pwnageTool> failed.

What should I do now???
    See the part right after my 1st quote of your post. In case that is confusing as to where to look up there...

That wont work, redsnow and 3gs is old bootrom only. 4.x is only jailbreakable upgrading from previously jailbroken.
    07-23-2010 03:14 AM
    Hello! I'm trying to jailbreak by iPhone 3G running iOS 4 with Redsn0w 0.9.5. It keeps asking for my current .ipsw file. I can't find it anywhere, it's not located in my Library or or my "iPhone Software Updates" folder.

About a week ago I updated to iOS 4 via iTunes.

Can anyone help?
    07-25-2010 07:45 PM
    Hi all,
    I'm completly stuck and would love your help!!!
    I (used to) have an Iphone 3GS, running 3.1.2, jailbrokenn and unlocked. I updated to the 4.0.1 (8A306) using the ISPW from iClarified, and using Shift restore in Itunes.
    I got stuck when activating the Iphone, it does require an unlocked SIM Card.
    Is there a way to hacktivate the Iphone?
    I'm running Windows Vista and Itunes 9.2

Thanks for your help, I'm desperate!
    K.
    08-18-2010 05:07 AM
    I believe that the firmware will only work if you have an old bootrom. Do you know which bootrom you have? You should be able to download sn0wbreeze to hactivate if that's the case ( and you're on a pc. If Mac use pwnage tool but it has the same requirement of old bootrom)
    08-18-2010 05:27 AM
    I believe that the firmware will only work if you have an old bootrom. Do you know which bootrom you have? You should be able to download sn0wbreeze to hactivate if that's the case ( and you're on a pc. If Mac use pwnage tool but it has the same requirement of old bootrom)
    Thank you Big9erfan. How can I know the bootrom version, while my iphone is locked? I tried Sn0wbreeze, and it does not recognize the 4.0.1 firmware.
    08-18-2010 06:31 AM
    Here's my situation.

* 3Gs - FACTORY UNLOCKED BY APPLE
    * I don't know if it is jailbroken or not
    * Would like to upgrade to 4.x via iTunes as a normal user

Assuming the phone is jailbroken, is this safe or will it brick or cause other problems?

I don't care about having it jailbroken in 4.x but do care about my data and functionality!

Thoughts?
    Last edited by WowIndescribable; 08-19-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    08-19-2010 10:27 AM
    I have a jailbreak 3.1.3 from spirit and want the ios4 software and keep my jailbreak. How do i do this?

Thanks
    Lee
    09-05-2010 03:27 PM
    i have a brand new iphone (3gs) running 3.1.3 software. i heard there pretty much wasnt any jailbreak for that version so i decided ill wait a few days until 4.0 software comes out (which i hear already has jailbreak for beta versions).
    so i was wondering. when i jailbreak my phone does that delete all my ringtones,music,apps or what? also is there going to be a stable jailbreak available for the real 4.0 software coming out tomorrow?
    Spirit is a untethered jailbreak option for 3.1.3.
    09-05-2010 04:16 PM
    For issues involving app data, it is possible to SSH into your iphone and copy the app data to your computer.
    Note: Must be jail broken and have Cydia.
    09-05-2010 04:17 PM
    Hi I have iPhone 3GS Bootrom 359.3.2 and iOS 4.0.0 can I jailbreak this iPhone?
    09-06-2010 09:47 AM
106 12345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD