Jailbreak iPhone 3GS 3.1.3

d_animality

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Well hello all... greetings to meet you all and im new here...

Recently i just bought a new iphone 3GS ... it is version 3.1.3 with baseband 05.12.01

technically, it is factory unlocked so i want to jailbreak my phone however.. few things that im concerning about...

1) Does jailbreak disable my unlock?
2) If in case something happens during jailbreak process.. can factory restored help put back iphone to its original condition? JAILED but UNLOCK?
3) Any suggestions should i do before applying jailbreak e.g. backup etc2?
4) What is the Jailbreaking tools that mostly worked for my phone?
5) And finally, i have iTunes which is sync for my iTouch .. however when i plugged in my iPhone i cannot do anything and when i try to sync it.. it says have to remove everytng... OMG.. is iTunes can be used for one device only?

Im sorry to ask so many questions but im really new in this... hoping to get any answers, ideas and recommendations from all of u here.. Thanks in advance!

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
1) Does jailbreak disable my unlock? if u upgraded the baseband, yes it will UNLESS it is factory unlocked but not sure about factory unlocks, double check on this one
2) If in case something happens during jailbreak process.. can factory restored help put back iphone to its original condition? JAILED but UNLOCK?yes it will be put back in factory condition, NO JB will be present on the iPhone
3) Any suggestions should i do before applying jailbreak e.g. backup etc2? Back up would make sense
4) What is the Jailbreaking tools that mostly worked for my phone?since u have 3.1.3 FW, u can use Spirit
5) And finally, i have iTunes which is sync for my iTouch .. however when i plugged in my iPhone i cannot do anything and when i try to sync it.. it says have to remove everytng... OMG.. is iTunes can be used for one device only? U can authorize your iTunes on one Comp per 5 devices i beleive (eg. i have my laptop and use iTunes to sync my iPhone 3G|s| and iPad)

Good luck, hope this helps!

d_animality

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
hi i hv sucessfully jailbreak my iphone .. thanks for ur help.. however the only thing im left with is no.5 (regarding the iTunes) .. well basiccaly the phone being sync with another iTunes bfore (i.e. the shop im buying it from since they are putting songs and etc) ... so when i connect and try to sync it with my iTunes .. it says something like "this device been sync with another iTunes, syncing with this iTunes will remove everything" and that really scares me and cancel my purpose... so what should i do.. do iTunes really gonna erase everything if i press ok? please help or else it will be hard for me to install ipa games and etc.. Thanks!

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
@d_animality

That iTunes warning means that it will erase what contacts, games music, data, etc on u iPhone and replace with whatever is in the iTunes u are trying to use. Won't lose jb if that's what u were worrie about.

d_animality

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
well im not worrying about the jb but im worried about all the apps and all inside the iphone ... can i just connect it normally without losing anythng? cause the itunes is recently installed in my new laptop and it is empty... :S

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Backup all ur apps, data first and that will solve ur problems. Also, uncheck the box that auto-syncs when u plug in ur iPhone. Leave it on manual sync

d_animality

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
err ... can u help provide me a step-by-step procedure ... well basically i already backup evrythng bfore i do the jb... by right click on the device and click Back Up ... correct me if im wrong.. and secondly where can i find and uncheck this "auto-syncs" and what i do next? Thanks in advance..

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Plug in iPhone, scroll down to options and uncheck all the boxes. And yes, right click on iPhone and click on back up

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Once u back up ur iPhone it shouldn't erase anything. Is there music, movies on ur iPhone? If so, then yes those will be erased if they are not already in iTunes.

d_animality

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
well yes there are lots of music in the phone where it has been sync for the first time by the shop.. so after i backed up everythng.. sync it (which will erase everytng) .. then after i restore the backup will it back to normal? i mean i get every songs and it is sync with the itunes?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
If the music isn't in ur iTunes library then u will lose it if u sync with ur current iTunes. U can back up ur device without having to sync.

d_animality

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
well that songs is not in my iTunes library, it came from the shop iTunes library .. so is that mean i will lose everythng once i have sync with my current itunes? including the apps? so what is the purpose of backup-ing the device?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox