White Apple logo loop, after using "iWipe" from Cydia.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Please delete this post, I need to rewrite it shorter because I think the length has scared people off from helping.

Last edited:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like iWipe trashed your install. Looks like a restore and re-jailbreak is in your future. Similar thing happened to me when I installed an Android lockscreen. It trashed my install. I should've known better than to trust anything named Android.:p

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
update, to my problem, new question!

Before I started iWipe I did as suggested & plugged into the wall charger. I'm guessing the wall charger came out enough to stop charging & my battery drained so bad that nothing was working. I did not notice or think this because I was positive I plugged it into my wall charger & unplugged it after sleeping. I thought (ASS-umed) my battery was at 100% & iWipe did something but I just noticed now after being plugged into my pc for 30 minutes the red "super" dead battery screen appeared. Doh!!!!!! My bad, is there a name for when that happens? I was totally convinced something bad happened & may have reset my iPhone until I noticed it was just a dead battery. Now I have the "connect to iTunes" screen but I will let it charge for awhile longer & hope for a reply confirming I'm a dumbass, :eek:LOL:eek:. Should I connect to PC & run spirit again? Or just wait longer because my battery is probably still low? Also with spirit, should my iPhone just power on? It won't power on, when I hold the sleep/power button for 2 seconds with the "connect to iTunes" screen displayed. My iPhones screen goes black for 2 seconds & flashes the white Apple logo quickly before returning to the "iTunes connect" screen. I don't recall the white Apple appearing before the "iTunes connect" screen. I am new to spirit & hardly ever turned my iPhone off for the last 3 months with my old tethered blackra1n JB.

Last edited:

lungho

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
Heh, don't worry about it. A lot of us overlook the simplest of things sometimes. Glad you didn't have to restore.

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Put the phone into DFU mode and do a restore. Once that's done, re-jb with spirit and restore from backup.

I keep getting the "red dead battery" screen, then after the "connect to itunes" screen, i try to restore but it stays at "waiting for iphone" for hours. Could i have bricked my iphone? Also, i just updated my itunes to 9.2. Is that the reason im having trouble?

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Downgrade ur iTunes back to 9.1 that should help u to restore. Also it may be an issue with ur usb cable, if u have another one around try it instead o the one u were using. That happened once to me and I used another cable and it worked. Good luck

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Downgrade ur iTunes back to 9.1 that should help u to restore. Also it may be an issue with ur usb cable, if u have another one around try it instead o the one u were using. That happened once to me and I used another cable and it worked. Good luck

How do you downgrade itunes?

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
So I'm deleting,

-Apple software update
-iTunes
-Apple app support
-Apple mobile me device support
-Bonjour<<<<Au-revoir, LOL!
-MobileMe control panel
-Quicktime