Does anyone have any updates on Spirit and 9.2. I used Spirit to JB when it first came out. I've got a 3gs running 3.1.3 and I have preordered the new phone. I'd like to install 9.2 so I have it ready, but I am really worried about bricking my phone. Has anyone had success or failure? Also, if I choose to go back to being unjailbroken do I just do a backup and then restore as new and then sync from my backup? I know that wont give me my JB anymore, but I am most concerned about keeping all my photos, texts, contacts and apps. What is the difference? Thanks.
    06-17-2010 02:50 PM
    I hear if your JB with Spirit, do NOT load iTunes 9.2
    06-17-2010 02:53 PM
    they don't play well together.
    06-17-2010 03:08 PM
    Does anyone have any updates on Spirit and 9.2. I used Spirit to JB when it first came out. I've got a 3gs running 3.1.3 and I have preordered the new phone. I'd like to install 9.2 so I have it ready, but I am really worried about bricking my phone. Has anyone had success or failure? Also, if I choose to go back to being unjailbroken do I just do a backup and then restore as new and then sync from my backup? I know that wont give me my JB anymore, but I am most concerned about keeping all my photos, texts, contacts and apps. What is the difference? Thanks.
    Last night, I used 9.2 to backup my 3GS, then restored using the 4.0GM, and finally restored from backup (the one I did just prior to installing 4.0). I was jailbroken with Spririt. I was concerned that I would have a problem doing the backup with it still jailbroken, but it all went off without a hitch.
    06-17-2010 04:10 PM
    Same experience here as JohnH59. No problems at all.
    06-17-2010 06:06 PM
    I hear if your JB with Spirit, do NOT load iTunes 9.2
    I'm not updating my itunes as of yet, so is it even necessary to even dl the new itunes ?
    06-18-2010 08:53 AM
    You won't need to update your iTunes unless you're planning on installing iOS4.
    06-18-2010 09:48 AM
    You won't need to update your iTunes unless you're planning on installing iOS4.
    But I will need to install iOS4 when my new phone arrives, so I figured might as well get it installed now. But if I can't update it because of my 3.1.3 Spirit JB then I'm not going to. Can you confirm or not that there is no issue?
    06-18-2010 01:25 PM
    I JB using Spirit last night successfully, but I'm not on iTunes 9.2. I tried to load winterboard from cydia but when the phone rebooted all of my games were gone and cydia was gone too. I guess I'll just restore and start again. Anyone know if BlackRain will JB 3.1.3?
    06-20-2010 10:08 AM
    The only catch is you have to get 9.2 if you want OS 4.0 on your 3GS.......worst case you just loose your JB until the JB for 4.0 is released...but I don't see anyway around this....you have to loose it but can get it back when it is released.

Are these facts right or is there another way?
    06-20-2010 10:56 AM
    So are you saying that I can install Itunes 9.2 than back up my JB 3GS that was JB'd with Spirit than install the new 4 OS and still have a JB 3GS running 4 GM
    06-21-2010 01:49 AM
    Last night, I used 9.2 to backup my 3GS, then restored using the 4.0GM, and finally restored from backup (the one I did just prior to installing 4.0). I was jailbroken with Spririt. I was concerned that I would have a problem doing the backup with it still jailbroken, but it all went off without a hitch.

Sorry me again. I don't understand this part of what was done to upgrade " then restored using the 4.0GM, and finally restored from backup " can you explain a little more. Are you saying to install itunes 9.2 than back up my jailbroken 3GS, than to restore from Itunes ? but how do I upgrade to the 4GM?
    06-21-2010 01:54 AM
    Sorry me again. I don't understand this part of what was done to upgrade " then restored using the 4.0GM, and finally restored from backup " can you explain a little more. Are you saying to install itunes 9.2 than back up my jailbroken 3GS, than to restore from Itunes ? but how do I upgrade to the 4GM?
    first, you will lose your JB.

Since the actual 4.0 is coming out today, you don't need to worry about the GM version. Once available, you should be able to click update and go through the process. When you connect your iPhone there should be a pop-up that says an new version is available, do you want to update?

sorry this is short, I have meeting to get to.
    06-21-2010 09:31 AM
    Hold your horses... when did you decide to
    jailbreak? Haaa
    06-21-2010 09:46 AM
    I've only gone a total of 2 weeks without being jailbroken since I've owned an iPhone. What rock have you been living under, Duvi? :P I am now not j/b (in case you want to start keeping track) since I'm on 4...in preparation for my new iPhone 4 on Thursday.
    06-21-2010 10:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD