Undo the jailbreak

joeshan99

May 24, 2010
Visit site
So i updated my phone because i may have to return. After the update all the jailbrake apps are gone but the carrier logo still says "joe" is the phone still jailboke or what do i need to do. Thanks

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
You have to restore as a new device, and NOT restore from a backup. The iPhone is not jailbroken, but some files are still modified from the jailbreak process that allows the carrier logo to be different.

Shlov1

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
If he does restore as a new phone would he be able to sync everything back over? How would he do that? I ask because I am looking at the same thing and I am not real clear on the difference. Thanks

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
@Shlovl

Do a backup prior to restoring. U will lose ur jb but u can sync back ur apps (from app store), text messages. Non of the jailbreak apps or tweaks will be on the phone.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
U need to follow what big9erfan said, do a complete restore, not restore from backup or erase settings. Just open iTunes, plug in ur iPhone and restore. Done

sargd66

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site
Or re-jailbreak, re-load Cydia, re-load the app you changed the carrier name and put it back to AT&T or whatever you use and then restore again, :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice