Iphone 3GS 3.0, what is my best option for jailbreaking?

cjm73

Jun 12, 2010
Visit site
I have an Iphone 3GS purchased exactly 1 year ago from an AT&T store. It hasn't been upgraded since I purchased it. Version is 3.0(7A341) with modem firmware 04.26.08. After reading through this forum and other internet sites, there seem to be many options for jailbreaking and unlocking. I'd like to both if possible while at the same time, upgrading my OS version to either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. What software is most stable to use and which firmware should I be on?

Bloodkip

Nov 29, 2009
Visit site
I have an Iphone 3GS purchased exactly 1 year ago from an AT&T store. It hasn't been upgraded since I purchased it. Version is 3.0(7A341) with modem firmware 04.26.08. After reading through this forum and other internet sites, there seem to be many options for jailbreaking and unlocking. I'd like to both if possible while at the same time, upgrading my OS version to either 3.1.2 or 3.1.3. What software is most stable to use and which firmware should I be on?
To preserve your baseband I would use pwnagetool or sn0wbreeze.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
cjm73

Since u don't need to be unlocked since ur on AT&T I'd update to 3.1.3 in iTunes then use Spirit to jb. It's the easiest and quickest jb available. If u want to be able to unlock then use Bloodkip's advice. Process is a bit longer but will upgrade ur firmware and preserve ur baseband. Goodluck