Categories vs 4.0 folders

Shlov1

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
OK so the only difference I see here is that Categories and hold more than 12 apps? What is everyone else's opinion? Keep using categories or use folders? I can not wait for the 4.0 JB though. Come on Spirit team.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
4.0 Folders will be better because its like drag and drop compared to Categories where u have to access it thru a menu

morgantm89

Jan 25, 2010
Visit site
Folders is 100 times better. Like mth785 said, categories takes forever to open up and is just not that nice to use. Folders works just like the different screens do, super fast to open and use. Love it!

canadu

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
I deleted categories. I might be picking but it has a look that's not polished and it's never consistent with my background image. It does accomplish it's task in creating folders.

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Folders is one of the improvements I'm soooo excited about! I haven't JB before, but I intend to as soon as spirit will be able to with the 4.0. I want to tether? :)

robdam1001

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
I LOVED Categories until I tried 4.0 Folders. Categories was a PITA to setup & restore. Resource hog as well. Folders is lacking with it's 12 app limitation however. Now I have "Games 1" and "Games 2" folders, lol.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
i didnt like categories because the apps were so dead once in a folder, meaning, if u wanted to delete the app, u had to remove it from categories 1st and also, i dont think notification badges worked when in categories folder