Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

52 70.27%
  • No

16 21.62%
  • Not Getting One

6 8.11%
    With the ability to background, make folders and customize your background do you find that you will still need to jailbreak your iPhone?
    06-04-2010 06:01 PM
    Probably not. I really only JB for themes and not apps. With ability to background, I may not care to much for themes anymore as I like pretty basic stuff anyways
    06-04-2010 06:05 PM
    The only thing i can see me jailbreaking for it MYFI
    06-04-2010 06:06 PM
    Since it is now clear that that is the only way to get the function, that is enough.
    06-04-2010 06:20 PM
    I could never get myfi to work. Keeps telling me to reboot my phone. I gave up after like 10 reboots
    06-04-2010 06:21 PM
    Probably not. I really only JB for themes and not apps. With ability to background, I may not care to much for themes anymore as I like pretty basic stuff anyways
    +1 for me i just want backgrounds and multitasking
    06-04-2010 06:22 PM
    I could never get myfi to work. Keeps telling me to reboot my phone. I gave up after like 10 reboots
    Have you tried PDANet?
    06-04-2010 06:28 PM
    Have you tried PDANet?
    no. Whats is it?
    06-04-2010 06:32 PM
    I have not JB before, but when I heard I won't be able to tether my iPad- I've decided it's time! If not for that then I wouldn't JB.
    06-04-2010 06:35 PM
    Ofcourse i will JB my 4th Gen

I cant live without themes, widgets, backgrounding, and all the other cool stuff the 4th Gen will be lacking
    06-04-2010 06:44 PM
    The only way I won't jailbreak OS 4 is if Apple finally updates the lock screen, access to settings, and notification system. Until Apple gets these three things right I'll be jailbroken.

I'm not sure I'd like my iPhone as much without Lockinfo, SBsettings, popup blocker, and notifier. I don't care about themes, or anything crazy. I just want my phone to be more functional.
    06-04-2010 06:49 PM
    no. Whats is it?
    It is an application that runs on the JB iPhone that turns it into a wireless access point. Is that what you were trying to do with MyWi?
    Last edited by whmurray; 06-04-2010 at 08:20 PM.
    06-04-2010 08:18 PM
    It is an application that runs on the JB iPhone that turns it into a wireless access point. Is that what you were trying to do with MyWi?
    Yes. Make my iPhone a wifi hotspot
    06-04-2010 09:27 PM
    I have been thinking of JBing my old #g just to play with the wireless syncing of itunes...
    06-04-2010 11:12 PM
    There is always a need to jailbreak when it comes to me. I cannot live with out all of the little tweaks that have been released and made available through jailbreaking. OS4.0 will be awesome but it will not fix everything; nor will it make everyone happy. that is when jailbreaking comes in.

you want IFile? Jailbreak
    you want pwntunes? Jailbreak (stay away from pwntunes, bricked my device required a restore and when i asked for help they deleted my thread from their forums.)
    Android lock?

so many things that Jail breaking brings us. of course i will be jailbreaking

and the title should be about os 4.0 so it reflects your post a bit better.
    06-05-2010 08:37 AM
    Yes. Make my iPhone a wifi hotspot
    One poster in another thread (no greater authority and no reference) said that AT&T has never said anything about WiFi tethering. His expectation that it will be by wire only to a personal computer. I have waited patiently for AT&T and Apple to provide this functionality. I have never seriously considered jailbreaking. I am now.
    06-05-2010 04:35 PM
    I have never JB'd my current iPhone so I can see no reason that I would JB the HD/4G when it comes out. I'm sure that there still will be things that people want to JB for and that is cool, but for my I really don't see any reason to do it. I don't tether so that could be why.
    06-05-2010 05:52 PM
    I will jailbreak just to get biteSMS, infinidock, and UI tweaks like Matte UI Graphite which make the OS a lot better looking.
    06-05-2010 05:56 PM
    The only reason that I would have to JB after 4.0 is out is for for Lock Info. I hated life when I wasn't able to load that. I pretty much live off the lockscreen
    06-06-2010 01:35 PM
    Lockinfo is ok but I find that it's really buggy and the recent update made the dimming less opaque and I can barely see the text in my notifications, and they removed the button at the bottom that you could tap to close it.. They've ruined it recently and I'm thinking of uninstalling it.

I also forgot to mention LiveClock and WeatherIcon - two things iPhone OS should've had since day 1, seriously. Why would you put a clock icon that is always the same? Why would you put a weather icon that displays fake data!?
    06-06-2010 01:43 PM
    Lockinfo is ok but I find that it's really buggy and the recent update made the dimming less opaque and I can barely see the text in my notifications, and they removed the button at the bottom that you could tap to close it.. They've ruined it recently and I'm thinking of uninstalling it.

I also forgot to mention LiveClock and WeatherIcon - two things iPhone OS should've had since day 1, seriously. Why would you put a clock icon that is always the same? Why would you put a weather icon that displays fake data!?
    my LockInfo is bad ***! I have no issues at all,... sry about your issues and what do u mean by clock icon showing the same time and weather icon with fake data???????????????
    06-06-2010 03:51 PM
    I still want to be able to have custom SMS tones like I do now & the ability to turn off data/3G so I'll still be JBing
    06-08-2010 12:40 AM
    my LockInfo is bad ***! I have no issues at all,... sry about your issues and what do u mean by clock icon showing the same time and weather icon with fake data???????????????
    I think he means the clock icon always shows 10:15 or 9:45 or whatever it is but it doesn't update dynamically. The same with weather app icon just shows the icon image doesn't change to reflect outside weather conditions.
    06-08-2010 12:42 AM
    When looking around online at the new iPhone features I saw a screen shot (I forget on what "feature" page) that included the current pop-up style notification system.

Unless something changes between now and the 21st when iOS 4 is released it looks like I have reasons to jailbreak.
    06-08-2010 07:36 AM
    I think he means the clock icon always shows 10:15 or 9:45 or whatever it is but it doesn't update dynamically. The same with weather app icon just shows the icon image doesn't change to reflect outside weather conditions.
    thats wierd...mines always change....thats y i love it so much!!
    06-08-2010 10:07 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD