Will there be a need to Jailbreak after the Iphone 4G comes out?

Will you Jailbreak your iPhone 4G

• Yes

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • No

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Not Getting One

Votes: 6 8.2%

• Total voters

sean89503

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
With the ability to background, make folders and customize your background do you find that you will still need to jailbreak your iPhone?

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
Probably not. I really only JB for themes and not apps. With ability to background, I may not care to much for themes anymore as I like pretty basic stuff anyways

Smlk

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I have not JB before, but when I heard I won't be able to tether my iPad- I've decided it's time! If not for that then I wouldn't JB.

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Ofcourse i will JB my 4th Gen :D

I cant live without themes, widgets, backgrounding, and all the other cool stuff the 4th Gen will be lacking ;)

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
The only way I won't jailbreak OS 4 is if Apple finally updates the lock screen, access to settings, and notification system. Until Apple gets these three things right I'll be jailbroken.

I'm not sure I'd like my iPhone as much without Lockinfo, SBsettings, popup blocker, and notifier. I don't care about themes, or anything crazy. I just want my phone to be more functional.

rwn

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
There is always a need to jailbreak when it comes to me. I cannot live with out all of the little tweaks that have been released and made available through jailbreaking. OS4.0 will be awesome but it will not fix everything; nor will it make everyone happy. that is when jailbreaking comes in.

you want IFile? Jailbreak
you want pwntunes? Jailbreak (stay away from pwntunes, bricked my device required a restore and when i asked for help they deleted my thread from their forums.)
Android lock?

so many things that Jail breaking brings us. of course i will be jailbreaking

and the title should be about os 4.0 so it reflects your post a bit better.

whmurray

Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
Yes. Make my iPhone a wifi hotspot
One poster in another thread (no greater authority and no reference) said that AT&T has never said anything about WiFi tethering. His expectation that it will be by wire only to a personal computer. I have waited patiently for AT&T and Apple to provide this functionality. I have never seriously considered jailbreaking. I am now.

iquinn

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
I have never JB'd my current iPhone so I can see no reason that I would JB the HD/4G when it comes out. I'm sure that there still will be things that people want to JB for and that is cool, but for my I really don't see any reason to do it. I don't tether so that could be why.

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
I will jailbreak just to get biteSMS, infinidock, and UI tweaks like Matte UI Graphite which make the OS a lot better looking.

pat_the_cat

Sep 8, 2009
Visit site
The only reason that I would have to JB after 4.0 is out is for for Lock Info. I hated life when I wasn't able to load that. I pretty much live off the lockscreen :)

Jellotime91

Jan 4, 2009
Visit site
Lockinfo is ok but I find that it's really buggy and the recent update made the dimming less opaque and I can barely see the text in my notifications, and they removed the button at the bottom that you could tap to close it.. They've ruined it recently and I'm thinking of uninstalling it.

I also forgot to mention LiveClock and WeatherIcon - two things iPhone OS should've had since day 1, seriously. Why would you put a clock icon that is always the same? Why would you put a weather icon that displays fake data!?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR