Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

52 70.27%
  • No

16 21.62%
  • Not Getting One

6 8.11%
    Lockinfo is still needed for me, and I really have gotten to liking BiteSMS. I'll still need to jailbreak.
    06-08-2010 10:20 AM
    I am currently 3gs jailbroken and do so primarily so I can background radiobox app. If I can do that with os4, then I will be upgrading. But I did save my blobs or whatever so I can go back if needed. (at least that's what I think)
    06-08-2010 03:37 PM
    Lockinfo is still needed for me, and I really have gotten to liking BiteSMS. I'll still need to jailbreak.
    THIS. except i use quickreply, which is amazing that neither of these, or something like it, are on 4.0

oh well, jailbreak away for me! yipppppeeeeee!
    06-08-2010 05:26 PM
    so supposedly there is already a JB for iOS4!
    06-08-2010 06:40 PM
    Must have Lockinfo, quickreply and MyWi (NO WAY I'm paying AT&T double for the same data I already pay for) long live my unlimited data plan.....
    06-08-2010 08:39 PM
    We are assuming that iOS4 can be broken and hopefully early.
    06-09-2010 09:04 AM
    I give it 72 hours after official release till it JB
    06-09-2010 09:12 AM
    Thank you. Should we start a pool?
    06-09-2010 09:15 AM
    Thank you. Should we start a pool?
    started it yesterday: http://forum.tipb.com/iphone-jailbre...reak-ios4.html
    06-09-2010 02:41 PM
    I am soooo praying for a quick JB. Tethering my iPad is what I'm really wanting. After the updates, I really won't be looking for much else- I wish they had enabled the tethering so it wasn't even an issue!
    06-11-2010 10:39 AM
    I am soooo praying for a quick JB. Tethering my iPad is what I'm really wanting. After the updates, I really won't be looking for much else- I wish they had enabled the tethering so it wasn't even an issue!
    If ur already jailbroken, why not use MyWi to tether ur ipad now? No need to wait for iOS4 in order to do that. It's only $10 in cydia vi use it daily and it works like a champ.
    06-11-2010 11:24 AM
    the only reason i would JB Iphone 4 is to use MyWy to tether my ipad and the app MCleaner to be able to block unwanted calls from ringing my phone. Thats it, so im hoping that these 2 apps will run on the OS4 after JB iphone4. I currently have the 3G 16gb iphone and love those to apps.
    06-11-2010 12:23 PM
    the only reason i would JB Iphone 4 is to use MyWy to tether my ipad and the app MCleaner to be able to block unwanted calls from ringing my phone. Thats it, so im hoping that these 2 apps will run on the OS4 after JB iphone4. I currently have the 3G 16gb iphone and love those to apps.
    Tethering is a very good reason to JB. If and when AT&T offers the service that it has announced and priced but is not taking orders for, it is too expensive and functionally broken.

First, there is the surcharge. I do not mind paying for data that I use but I do not want to pay the $20-/month surcharge for an application that many, or even most, months, I will not use. I go weeks at a time with no need to tether. Then my cable goes out or there is no WiFi in the conference room or airport.

Second, AT&T's idea of tethering sucks. I want to be able to tether my laptop via either my iPhone or my iPad, wherever I have the cheapest data minutes remaining. I also want to be able to tether my iPad via my iPhone. Using PDANet on JBroken devices I can do either. Of course that means JBing both my iPhone and my iPad but it is clearly the cheapest solution.

However, if I JB, AT&T gets the data revenue, probably quite a lot. The alternative is to sign up for minimum data on the iPhone and none on the iPad and tether via the Verizon MiFi card I have been using for two years while waiting for AT&T to offer a reasonable tethering service. While this plan costs more, it provides the function that I want and minimizes what I pay AT&T.

AT&T just does not get it.
    Last edited by whmurray; 06-11-2010 at 01:22 PM.
    06-11-2010 01:12 PM
    I also want to be able to tether my iPad via my iPhone. Using PDANet on JBroken devices I can do either. Of course that means JBing both my iPhone and my iPad but it is clearly the cheapest solution.
    I'm not sure about PDANet because I think you have to create an ad-hoc network. But MyWi is real simple, no ad-hoc network required. MyWi also supports both wireless and wired tethering. I've used MyWi to tether my iPhone to my laptop both via WiFi and USB. I can't imagine the iPad would need to be jailbroken in order to connect to the jailbroken iPhone's MyWi wireless tether.
    06-11-2010 03:34 PM
    native backgrounding blowwwwwws
    06-11-2010 04:00 PM
    I'm not sure about PDANet because I think you have to create an ad-hoc network. But MyWi is real simple, no ad-hoc network required. MyWi also supports both wireless and wired tethering. I've used MyWi to tether my iPhone to my laptop both via WiFi and USB. I can't imagine the iPad would need to be jailbroken in order to connect to the jailbroken iPhone's MyWi wireless tether.
    PDANet uses iPhone to create a wireless access point. It is 3G to Internet on one side and WiFi on the other. Running on the iPhone, it looks to your PC or iPad like any other WiFi Hotspot. Said another way, it is a router that creates a wireless LAN. It turns your iPhone into a MiFi. Zero setup.

It runs on a JB iPhone but there is no reason that it would not run on a JB iPad. Then the iPad would look to one's PC or iPhone like a Hotspot.

You are correct that the iPad does not have to be JB to use PDANet running on an iPhone. However, it has to be JB to run PDANet. I want to be able to tether in either direction so that I can minimize the cost of minutes.
    06-11-2010 04:40 PM
    I've been resisting the temptation but no longer I will be JBing my iPad this weekend. I want to teeher it to my phone or laptop just because I can lol
    06-11-2010 07:04 PM
    I've been resisting the temptation but no longer I will be JBing my iPad this weekend. I want to teeher it to my phone or laptop just because I can lol
    Why JB your Ipad to tether to your phone? I use MyWy on my JB iphone as a wifi hot spot and my un-JB ipad connects just fine.
    06-11-2010 07:12 PM
    I don't have 3G on my phone but I do on my iPad
    06-11-2010 07:14 PM
    I don't have 3G on my phone but I do on my iPad
    Oh got it
    06-11-2010 08:08 PM
    I want to be able to tether in either direction so that I can minimize the cost of minutes.
    Ah, I overlooked this if it was mentioned earlier.
    06-12-2010 12:03 AM
    The Federal Trade Commission is reportedly beginning a formal investigation into Apple's decision to block out certain software from its iOS (previously known as iPhone OS) and whether it qualifies as an antitrust violation.
    06-12-2010 09:12 PM
    dont knock it until u use it cause no one really knows how this iOS4 is going to work...until u played around with it, rite now its all in words, just wait until it comes out
    06-13-2010 01:00 AM
    I have the gold master running on my iphone 3GS right now
    oh really... u running iOS4?
    06-13-2010 04:49 AM
    DEFINATELY Jailbreak. Especially if they unlock the iPhone 4. Also with tethering (I have unlimited, so at&t tethering will not be an option for me), Winterboard, SBSettings, etc. There is still a need for jailbreaking.
    06-14-2010 12:08 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD