Jailbroke and back..

iPhoneDon797

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Tonight I jailbroke my 3GS and messed around with it for a little while and decided to revert back to stock iPhone OS. I downloaded a few themes and browsed Cydia for apps I could use and realized that what I would use I could get through the app store and themes just felt "unnatural." I don't use a laptop so I don't need to tether, at least until I get an iPad, and I could care less about WiFi syncing. Anyone else experience this or am I just weird or too much of a iPhone purist like Chad Garrett from TiPb?

Are there other benefits from jailbreaking that i might have missed?

Last edited:

skaramanga

Sep 19, 2008
Visit site
I have my 3g jailbroken and the most essential app to get is SBSettings, in my opinion. So handy for turning on and off wifi, Bluetooth etc, couldn't do without it

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
I have a 3gs... Being jb means I can background streaming music that I could NOT before. i.e. Pandora and shoutcast.
Then I found categories and little things like 5 icon dock and fake carrier and it sets my mind at ease. I will always jb in the future

iPhoneDon797

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Does Cydia have any SMS apps that I could use to get rid of my unlimited messaging feature with AT&T? Silkshocker might not like Steve but I don't like AT&T.;)
What would you need in order to run Pandora in the background....except iPhone OS 4. Is there any app that will let me run it in the background or will it since it's jailbroke?

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Proswitcher + backgrounder
i set proswitcher up to activate by holding the home button. I have shown two people how I run pandora in the background and soon after they had me jb their deal

iPhoneDon797

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Well I ended up re-jailbreaking and learning to love it. Thanks for the proswitcher + backgrounder tip. I also like panorama, lockinfo, winterboard and SBsettings. Once I get used to being jailbroken I will use SSH to make some themes. This is pretty cool

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner