Two different phones, two issues.

The first phone's power button doesnt work. Friends daughter played with phone and got it locked up because she's 5 and didnt know the pw. It had been unlocked so I wanted to restore back to 3.12 on itunes but I cannot get it into any mode because the power button doesnt work. It will work enough to be able to shut the phone down but holding it and the home just doesnt do anything. Any fix for that? I also thought I'd replace the power button entirely but never did it and there is no youtube video showing how. ANy advice?

Second phone is at itunes logo and got a restore error #2 but cant find info on it. Any help?

Thank you!
    05-27-2010 09:19 PM
    I am not sure on the 2nd one, but the 1st problem, it would not be a software problem. I believe the button is broken.
    05-28-2010 03:02 AM
    I am not sure on the 2nd one, but the 1st problem, it would not be a software problem. I believe the button is broken.
    Of course...but I was hoping for some advice on repairing it, or getting into recovery or dfu mode another way. Ive tried blackrain and redsnow and Spirit, nothing works to get it into a mode that I can restore on itunes.
    05-28-2010 03:03 AM
    You can try to use iRecovery to get it into the proper modes.

As far as replacing the power buttons, go to iPhone Screen, iPhone Battery, iPhone Repair, iPhone Glass | DirectFix.com, click on the iPhone model you have, then look for the power button replacement. Purchase the new button, and then in that same section, there should be a video showing you how to disassemble and replace the power buttons.
    05-29-2010 01:45 PM
    Regarding the first iPhone, what model is it, 2G, 3G, or 3G[s]? Also, are you on a Mac or a PC?
    05-29-2010 01:47 PM
    Regarding the first iPhone, what model is it, 2G, 3G, or 3G[s]? Also, are you on a Mac or a PC?
    PC 3g, was 3.12 5.11, just a bad power button but will try iRecovery, thanks!
    05-29-2010 08:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD