Unactivated restored iPhone jailbreak?

randomperson

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Here's my story:

"Yesterday, I sold my 4GB iPhone on eBay. I previously bought this iPhone on eBay and when I got it, it was jailbroken and all I had to do was put my sim card in for it to work (I don't even have a data plan, just used the wifi on it) and I never had to activate it or anything.

I decided to restore to factory settings to make sure I could erase all of my stuff so that the new owner couldn't poke around in my business.

Well, now I see a screen in iTunes that says:

Welcome to your new iPhone

Let's get started.

1. Activate your phone with AT&T.

2. Register and get an iTunes store account.

3. Put your contacts, music, and more on your iPhone.

Is there any way to get rid of this without signing up for the iPhone plan/data plan? I mean, if it was as simple as me answering a few questions to get it going then I would do it easy, but I think if I used my sim card, it would say that I need to purchase the iPhone plan, right?

Are there any safe ways to go around this? I don't want the guy who bought it from me to freak out and say he doesn't want to buy the plan and return it to me because then I am ****ed because I don't have the iPhone plan.

Thanks in advance to anyone who could help. And no, I didn't back up my files when I did the restore to factory settings because I didn't think I'd ever need them."

Now, I have found a lot of stuff online about being able to jailbreak an unactivated phone. The problem is that I have had a hard time finding a clear, step by step process to help me through this.

Any help would be majorly appreciated.

Cliff notes:
  • My phone is a 4gb iPhone that is unactivated.
  • I would like to activate it.
  • I do not have an AT&T iPhone data plan sim.
  • I would like to jailbreak the iPhone to activate it.
  • I've had a hard time finding a clear step by step process to allow me to do this.
  • Any help is greatly appreciated.

randomperson

May 27, 2010
Visit site
I wasn't sure where to post it, I just saw that I had a reply. I wasn't the one to jailbreak it/unlock it originally so I don't really know what to do. Right now I am just going to do what this video does: youtube.com/watch?v=fVQjSZ5KBwg&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Hopefully it works, I'm kind of nervous.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
The problem is, you don't need a jailbreak so much as you need to unlock the phone from AT&T.

Since you said it's a 4GB iPhone, is it a 2G? If so, jailbreaking and unlocking should be relatively simple. Just take a look at the sticky thread in the jailbreak forum.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Exactly what Alli said. The 2G makes it easy. You can be jailbroken, HACKtivated, and unlocked within 3 minutes.

I'm assuming you want to upgrade your OS to 3.1.3?

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
And I'm getting tired of random a$$holes on these forums giving smarta$$ responses to people without actually giving them any information.

And I'm not referring to Alli, myself, or randomperson. Do the math.

It's hard to find the answer to a question when you don't know the right terminology. If he doesn't know what the hell "hacktivation" is, then how can he know to search for it, stupid a$$?

If you're not going to contribute anything to the conversation, then don't 'contribute', period.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73