As far as I can tell I have to restore the phone at least put it in DNF mode to run the progam that backs up you SHSH settings. Yeah right, no worries. Been through Cydia and cant find area associated with Jay to back up settings. If you think Im going to restore to back-up the setting they must be mad...as in crazy. I've google it to death and going to give up soon as will you still need them back-up after OS4 comes out. Will I need to do it again for OS4 as 4.0.1 will have probably fixed the hole exploited by Geo. It can't be this hard to back something up. Just haven't found the right instructions yet. Someone point me in the right direction?
    05-26-2010 10:21 AM
    For the 3GS ONLY, in Cydia you will see an item that says "Make My Life Easier". Tap that, and the Cydia servers will backup SHSH files for every current and future iPhone firmware your device is eligible to receive.

The ONLY thing you need to do is tap the "Make My Life Easier" button. That's it.
    05-26-2010 12:04 PM
    For the 3GS ONLY, in Cydia you will see an item that says "Make My Life Easier". Tap that, and the Cydia servers will backup SHSH files for every current and future iPhone firmware your device is eligible to receive.

The ONLY thing you need to do is tap the "Make My Life Easier" button. That's it.

What about the 3G?
    05-27-2010 01:52 PM
    3G doesn't require shsh backups, only 3Gs
    05-27-2010 03:01 PM
    3G doesn't require shsh backups, only 3Gs
    I don't understand the difference. The difference between a 3G and a 3GS on 3.1.2 is the tethered versus untethered. So if I needed to roll back a 3GS I'd need my shsh settings backed-up. What your saying is not with my 3G. Then my next question would be if I needed to roll back 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 on a 3G what would I do?
    05-28-2010 07:56 PM
    Then my next question would be if I needed to roll back 3.1.3 to 3.1.2 on a 3G what would I do?

Why do u want to downgrade to 3.1.2?? If u are wanting to unlock ur iPhone, downgrading ur firmware back won't help if ur baseband is on 05.12.01. There is NO unlock available for that baseband.
    05-28-2010 08:08 PM
    I'm 05.11.07 still. Nearly got stuck a few weeks ago and my phone was sitting in my draw for 3 weeks until someone here help me fix it and restore 3.1.2. When I was stuck and still on 05.11.07 everyone here asked me "have you backed up you settings?". I said NO. That's all I'm trying to do. It's a bit like pulling teeth. Should I just leave it. Anyone, Anyone??
    Last edited by Listy; 05-29-2010 at 09:36 AM.
    05-28-2010 08:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD