So, i have a nice 3gs, older firmware, was unlocked and jailbroken, worked very well, no issues at all. Decided I needed some extra cash so wanted to sell it and buy a 3g unlocked because I dont need the extra speed of the 3gs.

I had 200 contacts so instead of deleting one by one I decided to use the restore thing on the phone that deletes all personal info and supposedly makes the phone back to new...didnt work, stuck on apple logo.

ok, so I figure redsnow it back to the same older software, wont mess up the modem firmware and I'll be fine....nope, wont work...ok, try itunes and manually install the software, nope....says its the wrong one. It was 3.1 and 5.11

I did save my shsh on cydia in the past....but I have no idea how to get the phone working again so its unlockable. Ive tried two dif computers, an older itunes and the newer one....cant figure it out so begging for help!

Thanks!
    05-23-2010 01:07 AM
    Itunes will only allow you to upgrade to latest firmware (3.13). If you need unlock, do not that. Since you have your SHSH saved with Cydia. You need to point Itunes to the Cydia server. Afterward, Itunes will allow you to restore to a older firmware version you have SHSH saved on Cydia.

What you need to do:
    Open the file C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts (Windows) or /etc/hosts (Mac OS X) and add the following entry to the bottom of the file: 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com
    05-23-2010 03:56 AM
    can anyone confirm this? I tried it and didnt work.
    05-23-2010 04:10 AM
    It also depends on what versions of shsh you have had backed up with cydia. You can't just do any one. You would have to put the same version back onto your iPhone using that host mentioned above.
    05-23-2010 06:49 AM
    It also depends on what versions of shsh you have had backed up with cydia. You can't just do any one. You would have to put the same version back onto your iPhone using that host mentioned above.

hmmm, dont know what version of shsh I have...it was an older 3gs, and I clicked make my life easier but there appears to be nothing easy about it.
    05-23-2010 03:17 PM
    just retried the hosts thing and re-doing 3.1.2 on itunes....nope, not eligible for the requested build.

seriously, there has to be a solution. I would hate to upgrade to 3.1.3 just to fix this....I need it unlocked.
    05-23-2010 03:30 PM
    i have the same issues, i am running 3.1.2, 3gs is, now running on Blackrain Loop and does not open the phone.
    i am also getting not eligible trying to restore

any suggestion...

what ever you do , do not upgrade to 3.1.3 there is no unlocked for it....and i must have it unlocked....
    05-25-2010 09:39 AM
    hey bro Solved...i found a guy online who came to my house for about 50$, he fixed it, not sure what he did, but he upgraded me to 3.1.3, but left me the old modem Firmware at 5.11.07. now its sim free, unlocked, plus everytime i close the phone i dont have to connect it to the computer, no blackrain....not sure what he did, but he is a KING...
    05-26-2010 10:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD