The main reason I jail-broke my phone was to try and find a way to copy my contacts to & from my SIM card rather than rely on the iTunes back up (in the event something drastic happens to my PC).

This package deleted the out-of-date numbers from my SIM card, and then read in and copied my current iPhone contacts onto the SIMcard quickly and efficiently, so I'm pretty stoked. I now have a backup of my contacts both on PC and on SIM, which is what I wanted.

Great utility, which works well.

Cheers,
    Steve
    05-20-2010 02:38 AM
    I've been looking for something like this for awhile now. I installed this app and overall I like it. The only issue I have with it is it creates multiple contacts for individuals with multiple phone numbers. One also looses any notes associated with the contact. Also one cannot copy the "Original Contact" in tack back to the iphone. One needs to edit each contact and reset the contact info. I.E. Ringtone, notes, multiple numbers.
    05-23-2010 06:48 PM
    The limitations you describe are due to the way a SIM card stores information. The utility does what I needed and expected it to do, and does it well. It's a basic way to back up your contacts outside of iTunes, and it's free.
    05-23-2010 11:16 PM
    [QUOTE=Steve Doherty;1575896]The limitations you describe are due to the way a SIM card stores information. The utility does what I needed and expected it to do, and does it well. It's a basic way to back up your contacts outside of iTunes, and it's free.[/QUOTES

Steve, I'm not denying anything you said about the app. Actually, I'm simply suggesting some ways to improve on a good thing. It seems to me when I need to restore from a backup, I should be able to "restore" as it were without the need to spend large amounts of time to actually have what was originally there.

A T & T says there is no way to clean or write to your SIM on an iPhone. This app does just that.
    05-29-2010 09:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD