Terrible battery life after jailbreak

coryp915

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else seeing terrible battery life after JB with Spirit on 3gs with 3.1.3? My battery life has gone from lasting a full 8 hour work day to being down to 25% after 2 hours. Any ideas???

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
I'm pretty sure this has been covered in another post.

It depends what you have running and how frequently you tweak your phone. I know I noticed a huge drop in battery life immediately after I jailbroke, but that was because I was on Cydia and Rock every 10 minutes just checking out what I can do.

Now that I have my phone how I want it I haven't noticed a difference in battery life compared to pre-jailbreak.

coryp915

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. But I mean it drains doing absolutely nothing. So I removed jailbreak and battery great again. I just didn't know if anyone knew of any fixes. I searched through the forums but didn't find any answers.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
more than likely you have a bug and it's being saved with all of your other info

Restore as "New" and then re-jb

big9erfan

Jun 2, 2009
Visit site
Actually, more likely it's a process that gets running in the background that you don't see. It will all depend on what you install after you jailbreak as to what runs in the background. Often time a restart will fix some of it, but you should also install something like SBSettings to see what processes are running, and kill those you aren't using ( leave phone and mail running though ).

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
i'm not completely sold that SBSettings reveals Everything that runs in the background

there have been 3 or 4 times that my battery life went so fast, as a result of tweaking the device, it was a joke,
but after doing a Restore as New and Re-JB all was good

Pain. In. The. A$$. but, well worth it

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal