Hey Guys,
    So I was given an iphone a while ago, already jailbroken and unlocked, so threw my sim card in and away I went. I heard that there was a new 3.1.3 jailbreak available, so I tried to do so with sn0wbreez, but it failed. Kept giving me an "unknown error" so i said stuff it, and just hit restore, not realising that my sim is not compatible this this phone locked. So now I cant do anything, I can only make emergency calls. Is there anyway I am still able to unlock this phone without the original sim card? I have no idea what sim card it takes, or if/where I could get one. Cheers
    05-17-2010 09:15 PM
    Use Spirit! Not Sw0wBreeze. Snowbreeze is terrible. Restore and use spirit. You will be good to go!
    05-17-2010 10:13 PM
    I cant restore though... iTunes just says that the sim card is not supported, and gives me no option to restore... is there any software that bypasses iTunes?
    05-17-2010 10:45 PM
    i just tried to use spirit and got the following error:

INFO: Now listening for devices...

INFO: read igor/map.plist

INFO: Connected to the AppleMobileDevice.

INFO: Version iPhone2,1_3.1.3

INFO: Connecting to mobilebackup...

INFO: Sending files via AFC.

FATAL(__LINE__): Assertion failed (dl.c:198): 0 == (AMDeviceStartService(dev, service, &it, NULL)) (but it was -402653091)

any ideas?
    05-17-2010 10:48 PM
    Spirit will only jailbreak ur phone NOT unlock it. There is no unlock for 3.1.3. Ur stuck until at least 4.0 till any kind of unlock is available
    05-17-2010 11:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD