MyWi vs. iPhoneModem

cha0tik

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Hello all,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I have a question for all you tethering users out there. I recently purchased MyWi as I have ordered an iPad and since MyWi doesn't require a helper app, I figured this would be the perfect solution.

However, I am greatly discouraged at the moment...

Two years ago when I first bought my iPhone and jailbroke, I purchased iPhoneModem as I needed a solution in a pinch on a business travel. It worked great however requires a helper app to be installed on my laptop.

I am discovering that MyWi will kill the battery in record time vs. iPhoneModem. Anybody know why this would be or how to correct it? I just compared the two over the past couple of hours and MyWi dropped my iPhone battery to 82% in 30 minutes of email and Internet browsing (while charging besides). The same amount of activity in iPhoneModem and I am now at 1 hour and 25 minutes, it is still at 100%.

Any ideas?

cha0tik

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I gave it a shot and it seemed to improve the battery life a little. That's fine on my laptop, but if I end up with a iPad, looks like I'll have to consider the 3G model instead of trying to jump off my iPhone. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2