Spirit failed on 3gs.....why?

humanmusic

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
It was unlocked already and was on a tethered JB by blackrain. I used spirit on it and it went to itunes logo....what happened?

Do I need to redsnow it to 3.12 again, then use spirit only?

ElectricDoodie

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
You should've read the entire site before doing it. Here are some things you seem to have missed:

-Spirit is not a carrier unlock.
-If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit.
-Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS.

You seem to have failed on numerous of their warnings.

Sorry if I sound like an ass. Not trying to, just pointing out why it probably didn't work.

humanmusic

Apr 16, 2010
Visit site
You should've read the entire site before doing it.

Oh really? The entire site? How silly of me not to have done that!

Here are some things you seem to have missed:

-Spirit is not a carrier unlock.

And you missed that the phone was already unlocked plus I already know Spirit is only a jailbreaker.

-If you currently are using a tethered jailbreak, you have to restore to use Spirit.

Ah, and that's the info I was looking for. After this happened I surmised that this was the case.

-Do not upgrade if you use an unlock on an iPhone 3G or 3GS.

You should never ever upgrade, ever! That's my rule.

You seem to have failed on numerous of their warnings.

Sorry if I sound like an ass. Not trying to, just pointing out why it probably didn't work.

I didn't fail on anything. I merely did not know you couldn't use Spirit on a tethered phone. But, you did help me so I thank you.

ElectricDoodie

Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I meant page, not site. Oops. And the page isn't even that long.

And all these facts I stated were on the front page. If you had read it, you would've found that fact that you needed.

I'm just saying, you didn't read the entire front page before doing it.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
You can use Spirit on a tethered phone - it untethers.

It's not a question of can or can't here. If you need to remain unlocked, do not upgrade. Period.

Alli

Apr 28, 2009
Visit site
What you need to do is understand that only apps purchased from iTunes will sync with iTunes. That's a good start.

If you want to sync j/b apps, you need to purchase something like Package Backup from Cydia.

Macintosh

May 18, 2010
Visit site
What you need to do is understand that only apps purchased from iTunes will sync with iTunes. That's a good start.

If you want to sync j/b apps, you need to purchase something like Package Backup from Cydia.

Thanks for your complete explanation, Ali..
But .. What is package backup ??
Can you explain it a bit more ?

Mustang5Oh

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
Or if you use the Rock App you can save your package settings to their server using your email and a password. I had to restore and when I re-jailbroke I installed rock and logged onto their server with my info and it automatically redownloaded and installed all my previous jailbroken apps! It was painless and quite fast!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner