How can I perform a factory restore to 3.1.2?

cuonglogan

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I have purchased a 3GS iPhone that is running 3.1.2. The setting icon do not work. I would click on it, it will open up, lag for a few seconds and just close by itself. The only solution I can think of is doing a restore. I would to keep my 3.1.2 due to the fact that I am using T-Mobile.

Now my question is, Is there a way I can do a restore without updating to 3.1.3. I have already searched google for 3 hours with no luck.

I do not think the shsh was saved with cydia. I am getting the "TSS SHSH notice is temporarily disabled" message. I tried the autoshh and umbrella stuff. I could figure out how to properly edit my host.

Thank you in advance.

starbai

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
I think I have the same question here... someone answered pretty well for windows users...

I have less than 10 posts so it wont let me post a link..

in this same forum look for a thread title "anyone-know-how-completely-get-rid-all-personal-info-phone" -- its in this very same jailbreak section of this forum

shutter

Jan 13, 2009
Visit site
If your shsh blobs are on file with cydia and your hosts file is updated to point to saurik's site you can restore to 3.1.2, If not....you can use snowbreeze to create a custom 3.1.3 ipsw and preserve your baseband, although snowbreeze doesn't recommend it with the 3.1.2 baseband.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
If the phone has 312 already on it just use the iPhones built in reset function

settings -> general -> reset

I believe - if not it's easy to find, just search for it in your settings app if you can't find it, and choose the "erase all media and settings". Re-jailbreak and unlock after and you're good to go!

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2