Help Needed Please..

danny4evawolves

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
iphone 3g jailbroken, for several months now.. anyway problem is its suddenly stoppped texting and wont allow me to make phone calls, it says im connected to o2 carrier and when i put my sim into my other phone it sends and calls, anyone know the problem?

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
Tried to restore?

JB is available for 3.1.3 in the form of Spirit - Spirit

If you rely on an unlock to get service, upgrade to a maximum of 3.1.2, with a baseband equal to or lower than 5.11, and JB using Blackra1n - blackweather

danny4evawolves

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
Tried to restore?

JB is available for 3.1.3 in the form of Spirit - Spirit

If you rely on an unlock to get service, upgrade to a maximum of 3.1.2, with a baseband equal to or lower than 5.11, and JB using Blackra1n - blackweather

im on 3.1.2 now, dont really wana go through it all again? surely theres another method, its just suddenly stopped texting, has signal bars and carrier logo though.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
No - my sister is using a unlocked 3.1.2 AT&T iphone on Rogers in Canada - works fine - Just asked her not even 10 minutes ago..

If reset network settings didnt work, try downloading an alternative SMS program, from the Cydia Store, most have free trials. If they don't work, then you know its a hardware problem like your SIM card or phone, but if they do, its a setting in your iphone and a restore is the only fix.

This is assuming you've tried your SIM card in another phone and it worked fine, texting and all?

danny4evawolves

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
No - my sister is using a unlocked 3.1.2 AT&T iphone on Rogers in Canada - works fine - Just asked her not even 10 minutes ago..

If reset network settings didnt work, try downloading an alternative SMS program, from the Cydia Store, most have free trials. If they don't work, then you know its a hardware problem like your SIM card or phone, but if they do, its a setting in your iphone and a restore is the only fix.

This is assuming you've tried your SIM card in another phone and it worked fine, texting and all?

yeah works fine in my other phone, and im currently using iRealSMS,.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
OK.. try the following:

Use the native SMS program on the iPhone. If it works, yay! If not, read on:

Restart iPhone, Uninstall iRealSMS, Restart again. Try native SMS app again. If it works, yay!, If not, read on:

Try using another alternative, like BiteSMS

Last option, restore to 3.1.2, re-JB, and see if it gives you the same problems.

Just trying to eliminate all the possibilities, before we both agree that its a hardware fault.

Wiltron

Feb 11, 2010
Visit site
I suspect that the issue is the iRealSMS app - Try a full restore of the OS - 3.1.2 if you rely on an unlock (I hope you have your blobs backed up!) or 3.1.3 if you only want to JB.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73