Hi

Im new to this place, im very sorry if there is already a post similar to this, ive hunted the internet for hours now and have got myself confused.

Ive managed to jailbreak my girlfriends iphone 3g using redsnow and cydia is installed... she can now download themes and some extras - not sure if there is more we can do??

Now my iphone is newer due to insurance claim, got brand new one yesterday

I have Iphone 3gs running 3.1.3 which is on contract with o2

Baseband 05.12.01
    Bootloader 6.4.
    Model MC132

i have saved my current shsh files, even tho i dont understand why or what for?

Am i able to jailbreak my phone?????

Any help would be kindly appreciated

Rich
    05-11-2010 04:55 AM
    You can JB with Spirit. Just can't UNLOCK.

SHSH are unique for each phone. If you got a new phone, means you no longer have them saved.
    05-11-2010 05:22 AM
    ahh well its on o2 now and dont need it unlocked. aslong as it works with my o2 sim ?

ive literally just saved the shsh files from my new phone? even tho i dont understand why?

your saying there unique for each phone? ive saved the ones from my new phone so im assuming thats all good?

Il try a jailbreak now with Spirit is there anything else i have to use?
    05-11-2010 05:51 AM
    To JB, all you need to do is run Spirit. Nothing else. If you are using the official carrier, you don't need to worry about UNLOCK. Most people get confuse between JB and UNLOCK.

If you just saved your SHSH with your new phone, then it's all good. Thought you meant having saved with old phone and trying to use SHSH with your new phone. As for why save your SHSH, it allows you to downgrade to an old firmware once Apple release a new version. For example, lets say firmware 4.0 comes out and you upgraded, but for some reason, you want to go back to 3.13, you will need to use / point to the saved 3.13 SHSH file before Itunes will allow you to downgrade.
    Last edited by myzhi; 05-11-2010 at 06:15 AM.
    05-11-2010 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD