Help needed, lost Auto-lock...

keepitgreen

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
It's not the end of the world, and definitely not as important as other people's issues with freezes and endless reboots, but this is still annoying...

I JB my 3Gs, 3.1.3, with Spirit last week, and I noticed that my phone won't auto-lock (ie. sleep after 1~5 mins) anymore... I've tried many different things, change the settings, respring, reboot, etc etc... I haven't done a full restore yet, but I guess that's my last option? I'm just hoping it's something simple that I've missed?

Thanks for any help...

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
go to cydia download "supreme preferences 3.0" after respring go to settings ~> supreme preferences 3.0 ~>system ~> autodim and auto lock fix your duration click on. It happend to my girlfriend so i had to do this to hers. hope that helps

keepitgreen

Jan 15, 2010
Visit site
Now this is strange... I've installed Supreme Preferences 3.0, and nothing happened. It says it's installed, but it doesn't appear in the settings menu... I've reinstalled it twice now, respring, reboot, nothing there... odd.. Any ideas?

iVenom

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Well i have not had that happen so im not sure but make sure its the right supreme preference for your phone there are a few there when i did it.

ixyk

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Winterboard?

Now this is strange... I've installed Supreme Preferences 3.0, and nothing happened. It says it's installed, but it doesn't appear in the settings menu... I've reinstalled it twice now, respring, reboot, nothing there... odd.. Any ideas?

It doesn't sound like you actually enabled Supreme Preferences in Winterboard. I'm pretty sure it only works if you enable it there (probably making sure it's at/near the top of your list to give it priority over other themes, etc.) and respring/reboot your device.

I don't use Supreme Preferences anymore though due to some of the stability issues that have been well noted, hence its removal from the primary Cydia repositories, but it was certainly worth it back when I hadn't figured out how to changes settings directly using SSH and/or iFile instead.

If you're comfortable using SSH (or iFile) and manually making changes all you have to do is change the General.plist file located in /var/stash/Applications.pwn/Preferences.app. Look for the times strings near the bottom of the file and simply change the integer values as needed. ****MAKE SURE TO BACK UP THE ORIGINAL FILE FIRST SO YOU CAN SIMPLY REVERT BACK TO IT IF THE CHANGES DON'T WORK FOR YOU OR YOU MESS SOMETHING UP****

Also, this may not apply exactly to different OS versions or devices, but is definitely the case on my 3.0.1 2G iPhone.

For some reason I often have to try rebooting and/or respringing a few times before the changes actually stick but this method did work for me eventually after some trial and error.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods