How to bypass the Reboot Loop after "Reset Network Settings "

firas_op

Mar 12, 2010
Visit site
Hi
i asked many times but no answer no solution now my IPhone back to life after 3 monthes .....
Thanks for great man who help me.

I found this solution so i would like to share it with you.

1) Download the latest version of blackra1n.
2) Plug the phone into your iPhone USB connector, plugged into a Windows machine running iTunes and blackra1n.
3) The phone will show as connected but will NOT charge. THIS IS EXPECTED BEHAVIOR.
4) Keep blackra1n open and keep the phone plugged in, and go do something for 8 to 12 to 16 hours. This is a VERY IMPORTANT STEP.
5) When you come back to your phone/PC, your phone should be at the home screen and charged and you should be good to go.

WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING:
When the phone gets stuck in the reboot loop, it is unable to charge via the USB connector plugged into the PC because the iPhone doesn't get that far in the boot process before the race condition exhibits. The device gets far enough to mount the root filesystem and to provide filesystem access over USB, however. When you leave it plugged in and walk away, what you're really doing is allowing the iPhone to completely discharge its battery. When it does this, it will power off. Once it has powered off, it will begin charging via the USB cable. Once it has sufficient charge to power on, it will power on. During the power-on process, blackra1n will see the iPhone and will kickstart it.

eucalyptic

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I tried to follow these steps except when it gets to step 4/5. After leaving the phone overnight, I see the battery bar on red but it doesn't show up on iTunes and blackra1n is on waiting for device. A few minutes later it seems enough power was charged to the iphone and the battery bar disappears replaced by the apple icon. But when that happens, the charging stops once more so the battery gets depleted yet again and it now goes into a cycle of red battery bar, apple icon then red battery bar again. blackra1n does not seem to be working. What am I doing wrong?

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
Hello,

I tried to follow these steps except when it gets to step 4/5. After leaving the phone overnight, I see the battery bar on red but it doesn't show up on iTunes and blackra1n is on waiting for device. A few minutes later it seems enough power was charged to the iphone and the battery bar disappears replaced by the apple icon. But when that happens, the charging stops once more so the battery gets depleted yet again and it now goes into a cycle of red battery bar, apple icon then red battery bar again. blackra1n does not seem to be working. What am I doing wrong?

Same thing happened to me, like when "you make it rain" when you normally get the normal dual vibration & re-boot, is it just going to a black/blank screen? If so then you need to upgrade your firmware to 3.1.3. In iTunes, then restore to your back-up, then jailbreak with "Spirit!" After I did this, the clouds parted & life was good again, Lol! I will always have a soft spot & appreciate "blackra1n" but I will not miss using a tethered jailbreak. It's been a couple days & it still feels funny powering down/re-booting my iPhone, anywhere, anytime! I'm on my iPhone now, so if I misread or missed something, sorry & just ignore my comment. I think I'm right & you did as I did & not bothered with "spirit" or "3.1.3. Firmware" because everything was fine. Good luck, I hope this helps, peace! =)

nillam1

Feb 12, 2010
Visit site
I just read your posts again, are you guys saying that it stays on the red battery after charging for more than 20 minutes or so? Or do you guys get the "connect to iTunes" after 20 or 30 minutes? If it's staying on red charge battery screen then forgive me for chiming in. If you get the "connect to iTunes" screen after charging for 20 or 30 minutes, like I did then my previous post should help. :D

eucalyptic

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I will always have a soft spot & appreciate "blackra1n" but I will not miss using a tethered jailbreak. It's been a couple days & it still feels funny powering down/re-booting my iPhone, anywhere, anytime! I'm on my iPhone now, so if I misread or missed something, sorry & just ignore my comment. I think I'm right & you did as I did & not bothered with "spirit" or "3.1.3. Firmware" because everything was fine. Good luck, I hope this helps, peace! =)

I was actually hoping that blackra1n will work as I needed the 3GS to be unlocked as well as jailbroken but I just could not get around this cycle of red battery bar, apple icon, red battery bar (iTunes did not even recognize the iPhone, nor did blackra1n). In the end I had to upgrade to 3.1.3 and restored as I had no other choice, I just haven't tried Spirit yet. I am now on 6.4 bootloader and I'm worried about using Spirit as I might mess up even more. Thanks for your input though. I guess unlocking will have to wait.

snaps98

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
Still having problems with my unlocked/jailbroken 3GS. I was having problems seeing my wifi so i reset network settings. The phone wont reboot with blackra1n? I tried the steps above,

Do i click make it rain and the the phone keep rebooting for 12 hours until it works?
You mentiond to open the program but do i run it also?

i think i am using the latest baseband and 3.13 so i cant restore so am i screwed??

Please help!! Thx

Hack-My-i

Aug 24, 2009
Visit site
Hi
i asked many times but no answer no solution now my IPhone back to life after 3 monthes .....
Thanks for great man who help me.

I found this solution so i would like to share it with you.

1) Download the latest version of blackra1n.
2) Plug the phone into your iPhone USB connector, plugged into a Windows machine running iTunes and blackra1n.
3) The phone will show as connected but will NOT charge. THIS IS EXPECTED BEHAVIOR.
4) Keep blackra1n open and keep the phone plugged in, and go do something for 8 to 12 to 16 hours. This is a VERY IMPORTANT STEP.
5) When you come back to your phone/PC, your phone should be at the home screen and charged and you should be good to go.

WHAT IS REALLY HAPPENING:
When the phone gets stuck in the reboot loop, it is unable to charge via the USB connector plugged into the PC because the iPhone doesn't get that far in the boot process before the race condition exhibits. The device gets far enough to mount the root filesystem and to provide filesystem access over USB, however. When you leave it plugged in and walk away, what you're really doing is allowing the iPhone to completely discharge its battery. When it does this, it will power off. Once it has powered off, it will begin charging via the USB cable. Once it has sufficient charge to power on, it will power on. During the power-on process, blackra1n will see the iPhone and will kickstart it.

What if you were on 3.1.3??? do u still use blackra1n??? or spirit???

snaps98

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
i am almost sure i am 3.1.3 i was using blackra1n. i never tried sprint? i never had a problem until i reset my network settings. This sucks lol.

I read a thread on hackintosh that tell me to "This method ?mostly? restores to 3.1.3, but makes the restore process error out at a safe point by removing the LLB image from the stock IPSW. The error will occur before the NOR is erased and before the baseband is reflashed. "

I tryed lettting the phone sit and reboot all night but that did not work.

after reading the thread , i am not sure if i know how to erase firmware or baseband?

I currently use t-mobile on my unlocked phone but its this doenst work i need to go to att and get a legit service since i cannt get my phone back to normal

guy.james

Jul 22, 2010
Visit site
SOLVED: IPhone stuck in reboot loop after resetting 'Network settings'

If u 'reset network settings' and now ur jailbroken iphone is in reboot loop............That i phone starts showing apple logo be there for 2 mins and 25 sec again restart and on and on.......

I have tried this non-sense solution (blackra1n) and nothing happened to my iphone.......i my self tried this for 9 hours and it goes into new loop that is red bar(low battery) then apple logo again red bar...........means no success...Well i dint think this is the right way to solve this problem.............

To solve this problem u need to check if u have old bootroom or new bootrom.... U will be lucky if ur bootrom is old means iboot 359.3 ............ Sorry no luck for new bootrom users that is iboot 359.3.2

if u have old bootrom 359.3 u need to download custom firmware(CFW) ..... because these days apple has stop signing old firmwares.... so if u try to restore with original 3.1.2 firmware it will verify through apple server and gives u error.........so download custom firmwares they dont need any signing.......

to download 3.1.2 custom firmware :

search Download iPhone OS 3.1.2 Custom Firmware (IPSW Files) for iPhone 3GS, 3G, 2G from iphoneheat.com
////bcoz this form is not allowing me to post links

when u download all parts of firmware that is 001,002,003 etc
u need to join all these files...... right click on 001 file and select 7 zip and select extract here .................... it will automatically extracts all files and produce a end file...................... for example if it is custom firmware activated file for 3gs then the size of file is 307 mb approx .............

u can download and restore ur iphone in recovery mode.........
U need to switch off ur iphone and press home button while holding home button connect iphone to itunes ..... dont release home button until u see itunes and usb logo on ur iphone............. now ur phone is in recovery mode.......u need to press shift while pressing restore button............. a new window will appear and u need to click custom firmware which u have already downloaded

Thats all and this is how u can solve this problem
If this information helps u plz leave comments

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice