Can you jailbreak a 3G 3.1.3 with Blackra1n?

pewpewpew

May 9, 2010
Visit site
It's never been unlocked or jailbreak-ed before. Never really thought of doing it so wanted to now.

Anyways, there is a lot of information out there and I'm generally pretty damn confused. There's a bunch of jailbreak software and I have no idea which one to use, but my friend said he used blackra1n and its the simplest one. So I hope someone out there can give me a simple answer.

Can I jailbreak my 3G 3.1.3 with Blackra1n?

If not what is a method that works?

Thanks in advance! :D

pewpewpew

May 9, 2010
Visit site
Okay thanks. I've ran into that link in my search but it didn't have a lot of info and I had no idea if it was legit or not. I didn't want to be suckered into something but I will try this, thanks!

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
The Spirit website says up front that it is NOT a carrier unlock, but does it open the door for unlocking your device? For example, with blackra1n you could then run an unlock after the jailbreak. Does Spirit help you do the same thing, or are you stuck with ONLY being able to jailbreak the device?

en0c

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Yes. Spirit only jailbreaks. There is a reason for the "no unlock for 3.1.3"-sticky in this forum :)

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Hypothetically you COULD run an unlock, but there has been no unlock tool for 3.1.3 created.

If they released an unlock tomorrow, you could run it and it would work.

devonair

Nov 30, 2008
Visit site
No offense, en0c... but I'm not implying a device running 3.1.3. Correct me if I'm wrong (because I honestly am asking), but if you unlock a 3.1.2 device using Spirit, can you then carrier unlock it? I ask because it sounds like Spirit is a better option than blackra1n because it is an untethered jailbreak. I had a 3.1.2 device jb-ed with blackra1n but had issues when the battery died, and I was nowhere near a computer to tether it to. I don't really care about jailbreaking to install other apps or features; I just need to be able to use foreign SIMs while abroad.

LVCIFER

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
No, Spirit does also work on 3.1.2, but they recommend that you get blackra1n RC3, which was released by the guys who did pishinfo, not geohot. He ave them permission though.

It's a different repo.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner