Back in jail

audicy

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
Did the Spirit JB, played around with some Cydia apps, mostly backgrounder (didn't like it at all), and some themes, lockinfo (pretty cool). All in all, wasn't happy with it, phone ran a bit slower and just too much effort to do the things I wanted and found you had to do this before you can do that way too often. Anyways, I did a restore from the backup just before the JB. I will wait for OS 4 to arrive.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
Funny you say that .. I am in the process of restoring my iPhone back to pre Jailbreak as well. Had a great time with it in the jailbroken world, but in the end the little added pokiness and horrible battery life convinced me to go back. Having multi-tasking was cool, but I couldn't accomplish anything more than I could on stock OS.

audicy

Apr 14, 2010
Visit site
yup, just counting the days 'till OS 4 lol

On a side note, i used to live not too far from you. Mesa/Tempe. Now I live in Toronto lol.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I've been messing with mine so much over the last two days, I've had to charge it TWICE a day. I presumed that was because I was playing\changing things on it.

I'll have to seriously pay attention to the battery, and leave the device alone for a day. If it's as bad as it seems to be at present, I'll revert to pre-jailbreak.

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
I have noticed a decline in battery life as well, but I've also been messing with mine a lot too.

Even then, unjailbroken, I had to charge my phone twice a day, so I'm alright charging twice a day and being able to use the cydia apps.

audit

Feb 25, 2009
Visit site
My battery life hasn't really changed that much. I installed Winterboard and a iPhone 4.0 theme and MCleaner and that's it. Nothing else. So far unless I'm running wireless then my battery life is still good.

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
I've been messing with mine so much over the last two days, I've had to charge it TWICE a day. I presumed that was because I was playing\changing things on it.

I'll have to seriously pay attention to the battery, and leave the device alone for a day. If it's as bad as it seems to be at present, I'll revert to pre-jailbreak.

its just something you'll get used to after time...

how often would you have to charge your phone before the JB?

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
actually once a day, i.e. when I go to bed. Albeit, if am about to leave work, and it's below 40%, I may slap it on the charger for a bit before I leave...

Nonetheless, I do think it's fine as is. By tomorrow I'll probably stop messing with the thing :)

*as he walks off to see what else he can do on it*

its just something you'll get used to after time...

how often would you have to charge your phone before the JB?

BLiNK

Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
actually once a day, i.e. when I go to bed. Albeit, if am about to leave work, and it's below 40%, I may slap it on the charger for a bit before I leave...

Nonetheless, I do think it's fine as is. By tomorrow I'll probably stop messing with the thing :)

*as he walks off to see what else he can do on it*

haha, yeah i'm with ya!
i've been jailbroken since last october and still can't stop tweaking it, daily...

its almost scary.... almost

jimmybowser

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Done w/ JB

I've had a jb iPhone since November and I loved it... Even bought several apps out of Cydia. My phone crashed yesterday after I downloaded some updates in Rock. After restore I noticed a significant improvement in performance! Needless to say I don't think I will go back to JB. I'll wait in OS 4 to see what's in it.

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had a jb iPhone since November and I loved it... Even bought several apps out of Cydia. My phone crashed yesterday after I downloaded some updates in Rock. After restore I noticed a significant improvement in performance! Needless to say I don't think I will go back to JB. I'll wait in OS 4 to see what's in it.

The speed difference is amazing isn't it? ... 4.0 looks to be the best of both worlds for me, While I do miss the features of my jailbroken iPhone, I am happy to wait.

w00dy

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Now that I can finally jb my phone, I started to get cold feet and my biggest concern was battery life.

Then I realized, as it is, I need to charge it once a day.

Jb'ing tonight after work. Cydia seems to be not as bogged down as it was on Monday

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2