Morning all -

If someone has jailbroken their iPhone, what are some of the MUST do's? Whether it be security, or themes, etc, etc?

Thanks in advance

iNavi
    05-04-2010 10:41 AM
    I would say SBSettings and themes for sure. Depending on what you use your phone for, there are many many useful apps in Rock/Cydia. I just purchased BiteSMS and I love it. It allows you to reply to texts from within
    any program and even from the lockscreen.
    I also really love Backgrounder/ProSwitcher/Activator programs. It allows multitasking and Activator allows you to customize certain functions.

I would choose Rock to download all your 3rd party apps. If you create a RockID, it will save all your download info which is VERY usefull if you ever have to restore your phone. (this helped me BIG TIME).
    05-04-2010 11:16 AM
    +1 for SBSettings. BiteSMS or QuickReply (I think that's the name) also a must.

Although I purchased Backgrounder, I never use it. The two main things I missed while not j/b (other than wallpaper!) were Overboard, which shows you a thumbnail of each page so you can quickly jump from one page to another, and being able to set an sms alert tone of my choice.
    05-04-2010 11:26 AM
    Safety first: chjange your root PW's and user account passwords: remember, most of us are on the same ip range. It only takes a quick scan to root someone's device since all the factory default root passwords are the same.

After that, for me its tethering, terminal/ command line, and some network tools like nmap.
    It feels SO GOOD to be back.

<dance="happy_dance.exe"> WOOT!!!!! </dance>
    05-04-2010 11:38 AM
    iFile/Safari Download Manager is a must, imo. you can do a lot of tweaking via the device

LockInfo (or any lock screen management) - cannot live without this, really

like Alli mentioned; tweaking sms, email etc. tones is a great benefit
    05-04-2010 11:39 AM
    So far...

CyDelete
    Erica Utilities \ Make It Mine
    Gradiance V3 - Theme
    MobileTerminal
    OpenSSH
    QuickReply for SMS
    SBSettings
    StatusNotifier (3.0)
    Suave - Theme
    Transparent Dock
    User Wallpaper
    WeatherIcon
    Winterboard

But, I can't for the life of me find the illuminated theme, and I need to read up on how to change the root password.
    05-04-2010 12:00 PM
    Safety first: chjange your root PW's and user account passwords: remember, most of us are on the same ip range. It only takes a quick scan to root someone's device since all the factory default root passwords are the same.
    +1 for this being the first thing you do!

SBSettings
    PDANet or MyWi
    Categories (folders)
    GV Mobile
    LockInfo (Very nice but will suck the life right out of your battery!)
    05-04-2010 01:33 PM
    i had my phone jailbroken within the hour of buying it and than i messed it up and was unable to go back to an older version and had to upgrade to 3.1.3

last night finally after over 2 months i was able to rejailbreak my phone and the only app i felt like i couldnt live without :

biteSMS.
    05-04-2010 02:53 PM
    Navi - I found this online

how to change the root password

I literally just used the MobileTerminal way. It was easy.

Oh and I hope the mobile version of the forums support HTML code...
    Last edited by peanutgallery; 05-04-2010 at 03:08 PM. Reason: the mobile version doesn't support HTML.
    05-04-2010 02:54 PM
    ...brilliant, thanks! I Google'd it earlier and found it

Navi - I found this online

how to change the root password

I literally just used the MobileTerminal way. It was easy.

Oh and I hope the mobile version of the forums support HTML code...
    05-04-2010 03:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD