Issues with latest Cydia upgrade?

circatm2001

May 6, 2010
Visit site
yuup, nothing worked except recovery mode. I had to restore and I lost EVERYTHING. I didnt have a backup because I reformatted my pc when I installed windows 7 a month ago and haven't synched or backed up my phone since. Everything I already bought on the app store is showing up as buy now instead of download again. I don't know how to get my stuff back but I'm really pissed, my phone was like a laptop to me. I used it for everything and I had so many apps. I mean it works, but without the jailbreak and all my apps it sucks. Can you redownload the apps that you paid for on cydia upon re-jailbreaking? I'm pretty sure I clicked no to the dialogue that pops up when you first start up cydia upon jailbreaking (originally). I told Rock to save my stuff bc I didn't realize what cydia was asking, I just clicked no.

Haven't rejailbroken and according to this: cydia.saurik.com/upgrading/ I can't on a 3GS running 3.1.3. Which is why I was sticking with 3.1.2, this sucks.

sdoberei

Jun 17, 2009
Visit site
Same thing here

I lost everything too, haven't backed up in a while. Just don't even think about it since I'm JB. Had to restore, thank God for Spirit.

Just used spirit, using a Rock back up for all my packages. Just lost several photos and videos that I really wanted! As long as you backed up Rock, yo should be able to get back packages.

yuup, nothing worked except recovery mode. I had to restore and I lost EVERYTHING. I didnt have a backup because I reformatted my pc when I installed windows 7 a month ago and haven't synched or backed up my phone since. Everything I already bought on the app store is showing up as buy now instead of download again. I don't know how to get my stuff back but I'm really pissed, my phone was like a laptop to me. I used it for everything and I had so many apps. I mean it works, but without the jailbreak and all my apps it sucks. Can you redownload the apps that you paid for on cydia upon re-jailbreaking? I'm pretty sure I clicked no to the dialogue that pops up when you first start up cydia upon jailbreaking (originally). I told Rock to save my stuff bc I didn't realize what cydia was asking, I just clicked no.

Haven't rejailbroken and according to this: cydia.saurik.com/upgrading/ I can't on a 3GS running 3.1.3. Which is why I was sticking with 3.1.2, this sucks.

Massie

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the news, everyone...I'm still avoiding the updates. Cydia seems pretty crushed these days anyway; I opened it up today and it went down almost immediately. We'll see if things calm down soon, but this is a drag.

Circa, do get/save app store receipt emails? Copies of those would probably help your cause if you're talking to Apple.

peanutgallery

Apr 4, 2010
www.thepeanutgallery.net
So I just opened Cydia and it told me there is an important update to "Cydia installer" my current version is 1.0.3172-68 and the updated version is 1.0.3188-69.

I haven't wanted to update it yet because of this thread, but was curious to know if anyone has had any problems while attempting to update their Cydia installer.

lowridinguy

Sep 19, 2009
Visit site
I was wondering the same thing. This same update showed up yesterday in ROCK and I was nervous to update it since I had read this thread earlier this week.

Has anyone successfully updated to this version of Cydia Installer? Or has anyone ran into issues with this new updated version??

jackie treehorn

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I updated the cydia installer without any problems today and backgrounder as well. I still have the ukit thing sitting there. Is it safe to update that as well now?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73